Won't start, tried twice.

May 4, 2015
I have a Sony Vaio Fit 15A Flip (Model : SVF15N17CXB). After running Sony's BIOS updater, the PC went through the motions, and began to restart. It never did. No BIOS, no POST beep. Upon powering on the unit, all the activity lights come on as usual. You can see and hear the CPU heatsink fan speed up and spin, you can even feel movement of the HDD (I did test this component in another system, it's fine). Runs for roughly 5 seconds, no light to screen, backlight (?) doesn't even come on. After it powers back down, unit stays off for another 3-5 seconds, and tries to start again. When it fails the second time, it stops re-trying... I have never been stumped like this in my life. It's never been taken apart, I did do an HDD upgrade to the stock model, but it's easily accesable and on the other side of the main board. Yes I know, I could just replace the main board, but it's a costly part, so if there is any avoiding it I will... Any senior techs out there enjoy a callenge, your welcome...

Hello Christopher Fleeger

If this started happening right after you ran Sony's BIOS updater, it seems that the new and updated BIOS is not compatible with your system.

Did you take a backup of the older version of BIOS before updating? If so, try downgrading the BIOS to the previous version and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. :)