Words With Friends Actually Saved Someone's Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
It's about a woman from Missouri, a woman from Australia, and a simple, casual word-based game that bridged them together across the gaping watery divide that is the Atlantic Ocean.

Atlantic ocean? seriously?
ohh come on!!!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]Atlantic ocean? seriously? ohh come on!!![/citation]
that one, and Indian Ocean after that, and so on...
unless you go the direct route over the Pacific Ocean.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Oh dear, looks like someone mistaken Australia for Austria..... those li are very sneaky letters.

Now lets please fix the article to say over the Pacific Ocean and not the Atlantic.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]warmon6[/nom]Oh dear, looks like someone mistaken Australia for Austria..... those li are very sneaky letters. Now lets please fix the article to say over the Pacific Ocean and not the Atlantic.[/citation]

Meant to say al.....

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Looks to me like nothing more than PR created by the company that created Words with Friends. That event with Alec Baldwin was a PR stunt too

rolled

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
If you already notice something strange about someone's symptoms, why wouldn't you go to the doctor anyway? I mean especially for serious heart symptoms, it usually doesnt take a doctor to know something is alarming... it's not like trying to spot slight subtle differences between mild and serious flu symptoms.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]wooodoggies[/nom]good case for the arguement of a deity[/citation]

Yeah, it certainly wasn't the doctors knowledge or years of medical training. All credit goes to a magical super that there is no logical reason to believe in.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Apparently Mr. Parrish failed his geography class... over 1/4 of the above comments are pointing out that you don't cross the Atlantic ocean to get between the USA and Australia, but the Pacific. What surprises me is that this is NOT an error in the source material (it doesn't include anything about an "ocean gap") and that the error is still up in the article.
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]That event with Alec Baldwin was a PR stunt too[/citation]
I dunno... It's Alec Baldwin we're talking about here; he has a propensity for occasionally putting his foot in his mouth, and ANYONE being that sociopathic as he was there would be completely unsurprising as-is.

[citation][nom]Rolled[/nom]If you already notice something strange about someone's symptoms, why wouldn't you go to the doctor anyway? I mean especially for serious heart symptoms, it usually doesnt take a doctor to know something is alarming... it's not like trying to spot slight subtle differences between mild and serious flu symptoms.[/citation]
Cardiovascular illnesses don't come with glaringly obvious symptoms until it's too late: even a heart attack can not be immediately apparent; even a large portion will go without the normally-telltale chest pains, which even, on their own, could be mistaken for other causes, especially since they're typically combined with difficulty breathing.

And rushing to the emergency room every time even the slightest thing is wrong is one of the main reasons why health insurance is so unaffordable in the USA: it's because everybody uses the stuff constantly. Hence insurance prices go up: when everyone averages, say, 2 ER visits a year, (Averaging, say, $3,000US apiece; remember ER visits don't come cheap, and can become VERY expensive) that means that on average, insurance companies will expect to pay out an average of $6,000US a year on ER visits *alone* per person insured.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
IMHO, this guy should have contacted his own doctor or gone to the ER without ever asking the "words with friends" partner. However, having been in a similar situation myself, it is easy to deny that you need to get to the hospital.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
This should read: American pen pal's husband Doctor saves Australian fat guy's heart.

This has nothing to do with the game saving anybody's life. Who writes this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.