Work/home laptop to multitask with voice recognition

quakerchick

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Could anyone advise me as to what laptop will work for work and home with these parameters?

1. no more than $1500
2. number pad
3. will let me multitask quickly with Word, Adobe, the internet, and voice recognition software at the same time (I can't install the voice recognition software on the state-owned computer at my office, and there is too much ambient noise for me to dictate at home, so I want to be able to take a laptop back and forth to work)
4. will let me play Oblivion, Dragon Age, and similar RPGs at highest settings (but I don't game online)
5. runs Windows 7,
6. can send documents to my wireless printer,
7. and has a 17" screen

This is likely very simple; I've probably been looking at way more computer than I need.

Thanks.

Hello quakerchick;
I would think a good noise cancelling headset should solve the ambient noise problem for you.
Have you tried any of those yet?

For your laptop: HP Pavilion dv7 Quad Edition 2nd Generation Core i7 Laptop $1135
configured with Core i7-2630QM 2.0 Ghz quad core CPU, 8GB RAM, 640GB 7200rpm HDD, 17.3" 1600x900 LCD w/ Radeon HD 6770M graphics card.

quakerchick

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I hadn't thought of headphones, but I don't think the microphone could pick my voice out. (The "ambient noise" includes a daughter and a macaw who sound. Just. Like. Me. The three dogs and two sons are a bit noisy, too)