Working? But with black screen

bagsic1922

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
Good evening

My laptop just shut down while im working on something. That time that i tried turning it on, the power button light up but turn off immediately. Maybe just seconds.

Then after 1 month or 2, i tried to press the on button for 1 minute just like the instructions of many. Then doesn't work. I tried again and it turned on. Start Button light up and i hear it working. But my screen is just black.

What do you think is need to be done?

Thank you for helping me in advance :)

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rogue79 Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
Bonehead74 Laptop Tech Support 1
MrChard39 Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question Laptop Webcam working properly, but displaying only black screen
Solved! Laptop screen is black but running, works with external monitor. Changed LDC cable and screen - no dice >:
Question The screen went black while I was working on a Word doc, and I can't get it to come back.
Question Laptop screen black after partial disassembly, works with HDMI cable
Question BLACK SCREEN TAKE OFF COVER AND WORKS AGAIN
Question Connection to laptop monitor got cut off, everything should be working. But hmdl shows black screen.
Question New Laptop Screen - stops working after Nvidia drivers installed
Question Laptop black screen, but works with external monitor
Was working on my computer laptop. When it just clicked and the screen went black.
Solved! Laptop fell down...I think it is working properly... Just that the screen is showing black and white... Can I fix this?
I have a evoo laptop and it was working fine.. Today i turn it on and the screen is black.. I got nothing i just got it for ch
Solved! How to fix a black screen on my Mecer laptop. Already tried the ctrl+alt+del. Didn't work. And battery unremovable
Solved! Black screen on boot, and when booting into Windows. Screen works when booting into Ubuntu
Solved! My Laptop Screen is black and I plug to an external monitor it doesn't also works it gives me the orange light, can anyone ple
Solved! Weird message on black screen, won't boot and nothing works for factory reset
clicking sound heard from my laptop and suddenly laptop stop working and then there is a black screen appear in which it is w
Asus black screen of death nothing is working
My laptop wont start just keeps going from a black screen to the hp screen I've tried holding f8 down but it's not working
the screen on my Acer Aspire laptop doesnt work, its just stays black
My Acer kblgo was goes screen black but power button still work

ASK THE COMMUNITY