Workplace PCs Should Ditch IE for Chrome, Report Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"The bad news is that many workplaces don't let end users install or update software, leaving such tasks to IT staffers who may or may not get around to them."

Then what the HECK are they paid for? WSUS handles all of the updating. Problem solved. Imagine Chrome having to deal with all the supplier portals and garbage that IE still has to run!? This article has one agenda and I'm not buying it.

Ok... Why not Opera? It has a small market share, works quite well, auto updates? Why CHROME? We know why!

kyzarvs

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
So in the corporation that I'm sat in now, we should have 1500 copies of Chrome self-updating PCs clogging up the internet connection, or use WSUS?

Yes, most corporations are behind live - that's because they need to perform internal tests and verifications to make sure the updates don't break anything the corporation depends on and they frequently don't install updates that have no bearing on the user base.

Uninformed twaddle.

reactive

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I sort of agree with it, but only because Edge is driving me nuts. I hate the meaningless icons on the right hand side for Favourites etc, and the infuriating way in which it persists in re-associating itself with PDF files when I already have Acrobat DC installed and set as the default! On the other hand, Chrome seems to be having a lot of problems recently with tabs freezing... so much so I'm forced to return to Edge just for reliable operation!

Status
Not open for further replies.