World’s First Pirate ISP Launching Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I'd like to see more mainstream ISPs speak out about there privacy guidelines. I think tons of people would prefer an ISP that keeps no logs and divulges no info to 3rd parties, government or otherwise.
Privacy should be a right. Anyone who thinks that only criminals need fear loss of privacy needs to look a the big picture. Privacy concerns us all.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
For the brits, we've got BE, they enforce no download limit not even fair use policy and will fight any RIAA/MPAA claims it's users get.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I'm completely boggled at how this is officially sanctioned. While what they are doing by the letter of the law may be legal, by the intent of protection of intellectual property it is not. I do use this type of service, but at the understanding that it is not necessarily legal, so I really would like to know how they can get away with the government backing them.

zieb76

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
You know, I'm a large proponent of privacy and freedom, especially when it comes to the internet, but I don't understand how these guys can feel so self-righteous about what they're doing. I applaud the nice big middle-finger they're giving to groups like the RIAA and MPAA, but at the end of the day, they're still distributing work that's not theirs and that really doesn't give them any moral high-ground in this debate.

Artists should be paid for their work, just like you and me. I can understand wanting to destroy these middle-men that just suck blood from the artists, but destroying the artists in the process by cutting away their means of living is not the right way of going about it.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Another note, no ISP should be giving away any personal information, I'm not sure how that is legal in the first place. The government is required to get a search warrant, how is it private corporations are getting this info, the ISP should be sued for a breach of privacy.

aaron92

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
And Johnh2005, you're a tool if we're thieves.

We are in a digital age, and everyone is just putting a price tag on everything to make millions. I'm happy for those who make that kind of money but there are people who don't. We like to enjoy nice things too but we don't use them to make a profit and if we are going commercial will buy an official license. Things need to change how digital (as in products that are data) items are sold and for how much. Just look at Activion's CEO and how he just wants to up, up, and up the prices for video games...

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]zieb76[/nom]... but at the end of the day, they're still distributing work that's not theirs ...[/citation]

No. they, like any other ISP are not distributing anything.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
i dont support piracy

but there is one thing here wich i like the look of

and that is that they dont keep logs of there ussers,

becasue it is the same as if everyday you had someone following you and logging everything you did exactly what you ate and did

and i for one dont like being treated like a prisoner becasue lets face it the isps and therefore the goverment can look at every single thing we do and everything that we see on out screens on the internet

cdoasis

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
Privacy is meant to be a right, at least where I come from. Anyone who can think at all for themselves should be fighting for every last bit of it.

I, too, am subject to extensive traffic filtering by my ISP. The simple fact that I'm behind their Sonicwall appliance, constantly blocking typical Linux sites as well almost anything Knoppix related (why??) tells me we're being monitored and logged, probably by more than one party.

I'm not an advocate of piracy--but PRIVACY. May The Pirate ISP accomplish their goals; as well as inspiring a new wave of ISPs that should follow suit. Existing ISPs should at least take hints. We want PRIVACY.

fritter87

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
[citation][nom]johnh2005[/nom]Piracy is theft. Advocating it makes you a thief.[/citation]

So advocating woman's rights makes me a woman?

If you could put your hand on a Lamborghini and in 5 mins drive off in it while leaving the original where you found it, why not?

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Dear RIAA & MPAA:
You can’t stop “friends” from sharing. And you can’t hold organizations that supply the medium responsible for individuals who decide to use it for illegal purposes. For example, why don’t you hold STAPLES accountable for people who use their photocopy machines to copy copyrighted material? The internet has turned this world into a global village. MANY, MANY people and companies have profited greatly from the internet. Use your energy and resources to make the internet profitable for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.