Worst Sound in Headphone and Good on Build-in Speakers Windows 10

Gazingstock

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
I have purchased used laptop for 7 months, NEC PC VK18VKEFWDG with windows 10, it has excellent sound on built in speakers but when I plug in headphone (TRRS, the only one port) it sounds very bad. Sometime, ticking sound and sometime static noise, where sometime is seems like it chop bass frequencies. Sound quality go down as battery drops but sound good when plug in OR fully charged. I increase volume on VLC over 125 in headphones, sometime help the sound quality. Furthermore, it has good sound on low volume and bad on higher one.

For first 5 / 6 months it was present but not much noticeable. I was using "halfway entered method" to overcome the noise problem.

I have installed various drivers like RealTek, through DriverEasy and DriverBoost but doesn't work. The headphone are excellent on other devices and I tried 2/3 sets of headphones but all has same problem.

I tried Kali Linux through live USB, the noise is present there but comparatively less.

Lutfij

Splendid
Can you please state the make and model of your headphones? A link to it can help us out more. The way you've stylized your post, it seems your headset is at fault and the diaphragms in the headset can't cope with the frequencies you're subjecting it to - on VLC that is amplification which is not ideal and it also might seem like the content you're listening to might have impaired audio quality.

I also can't find the model of your laptop, did it come with Windows 10 out of the factory?

Gazingstock

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
Thank for your reply. I am using Samsung Headphones have no idea about model. I tried several headphones but the problem persist regardless of player. Another thing is that sometime I get higher volume on right side and sometime on left where that is balance in control panel>>sound.

Gazingstock

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017

Thank for your reply. I am using Samsung Headphones have no idea about model. I tried several headphones but the problem persist regardless of player. Another thing is that sometime I get higher volume on right side and sometime on left where that is balance in control panel>>sound.

Gazingstock

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017

Gazingstock

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017

The Laptop is Japanese made by NEC for windows 8, I have also difficulties in finding manufacturer manual.

Gazingstock

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
After your answer, I did a little research on it and found something interesting. I pick up an Audionic Speakers with USB power and TRS jack (Don't know the model), a Headset with TRS jack made by AONQ (No Idea where I get this but found somewhere in my house) and an Earphone made by Samsung with TRRS jack (purchased for my cell phone and has outstanding sound on phone). The sound is very irritating on last two but it is great on the Audionic Speakers even on full volume, same battery level and on charging and dis-charging. Interesting thing is the that I have checked all of them on my LG GPRO Cell phone they work fine.

I tried to capture some output sounds of headset/headphones for your analysis but phone is not able to do that. I am sorry for that.