Would a souncard bring something more?

Delhu

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Hey guys,

I am currently using a dt990 pro with a magni 2 amp and the onboard audio of a Maximus HERO VIII motherboard (gaming use obviously). Everything is working great (well, except my modmic which struggles with realtek drivers) but I was wondering if a soundcard could enhance my audio experience in terms of quality and/or effects.

Thanks,
Delhu

Solution

The onboard soundcard on your motherboard is already really high end. Adding anything but the best sound cards out there would most likely lower the quality. However sound cards haven't been really usefull since the mid 2000's. The only reason you might want to get it is if you need more ports or a port that isn't available on your motherboard.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

The onboard soundcard on your motherboard is already really high end. Adding anything but the best sound cards out there would most likely lower the quality. However sound cards haven't been really usefull since the mid 2000's. The only reason you might want to get it is if you need more ports or a port that isn't available on your motherboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS