Would connecting my roku tv/ps4 to a range extendeer give me better streaming/downloads?

TheHeavensRise

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
So my router is downstairs connect to the family computer while my roku tv and ps4 is bed room. I notice, at least on my roku tc watching videos on amazon prime that sometimes the picture quality can look good or really bed. So before I jump and by a wifi range extender, I need to know if they would give me better results.

Solution
extenders are usually for doing what they are called... extending. However, that doesn't mean that the thruput will be good as depending on the system, the thruput is usually decreased from a normal connection if that connection could be made. As suggested, check to see that your issue isn't with your service provider as opposed to thinking that its your internal network.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Well, you can test it first by moving your equipment closer together temporarily.

But streaming depends mostly on your internet service provider and traffic on your network. And in the case of cable networks, traffic in your area.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
extenders are usually for doing what they are called... extending. However, that doesn't mean that the thruput will be good as depending on the system, the thruput is usually decreased from a normal connection if that connection could be made. As suggested, check to see that your issue isn't with your service provider as opposed to thinking that its your internal network.

Solution