Would it be unwise to purchase a discontinued laptop?

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hello, would there be any adverse effects of purchasing a Asus G53SX-AH71, being as they have been discontinued? i will be purchasing through Amazon. It says it is covered by a 1 year warrenty, will Asus still accept it for repairs if the need becomes necessary? thank you!

JackMomma

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
After working in a retail warranty department for a year, I wouldn't be worried about buying that as long as it has that one year warranty... anything that'll go wrong other than hard drive failure will happen in that first year, and as long as you don't mess it up physically, ASUS will fix it for you. Those G-series laptops do a good job for sure, just make sure to dust it out every now and then and don't bang it up :)

6_5x47lapua

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

even like putting in a second hdd? i had also thought about putting in a different wireless card, but if the factory one works out i guess its not necessary. i should be fine as long as i take out what i put in first, correct?

NIB from Amazon w/ warranty card, so i guess i'm good on that end. thanks for your responses!

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

yeah i guess you can. As long as you bring it the way it was.