Would like an AMP for my headset.

Justin Rider

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
So I have the Logitech G430 gaming headset, and I love the surround sound, however I need to use the dual 3.5mm to USB adapter to get the surround sound. The problem is that this adapter has some sort of volume limiter which makes it impossible for me to get the loudness I sometimes want (with everything on max volume it's not even close to reaching uncomfortable audo levels. Apparently this can be fixed with an Amp, so can anyone reccomend me any amps so that I can keep the surround sound but have louder audio?

Solution
it is separating mic and audio signals and the two plugs have nothing to do with surround.

my guess is that either the device you plug into (usb adapter) or software you have downloaded is giving you virtual surround sound.

you do not need to use that adapter for virtual surround sound - if your soundcard or onboard is capable of it you can plug it right in (and use dolby headphone, sbx/cmss3d, etc). if not, a soundcard can be used which supports it and ignore the included adapter.

a headphone amp would work but going the other route would improve quality not just give better volume. if you really wanted just a headphone amp, any cheapo unit should work. fiio make some cheap models which arent bad.
it is separating mic and audio signals and the two plugs have nothing to do with surround.

my guess is that either the device you plug into (usb adapter) or software you have downloaded is giving you virtual surround sound.

you do not need to use that adapter for virtual surround sound - if your soundcard or onboard is capable of it you can plug it right in (and use dolby headphone, sbx/cmss3d, etc). if not, a soundcard can be used which supports it and ignore the included adapter.

a headphone amp would work but going the other route would improve quality not just give better volume. if you really wanted just a headphone amp, any cheapo unit should work. fiio make some cheap models which arent bad.

Solution