Solved! Would this laptop run Minecraft with no lag at High settings?

FrostyGun

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Hello,

I want to buy a HP laptop that is pretty good for gaming, not the best, but good enough.
However, I don't know much about laptops and how good they are, so I was wondering if you could help me. Also, you should know that this will be my first laptop, so, yeah.

Here is one I customized to fit my budget and needs :) Remember, my budget isn't that high, under £500 preferably.

Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: 2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2410M (2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
Graphics card: 1GB DDR3 Radeon(TM) HD 6470M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive: 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Primary battery: 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 4.25 hours of battery life +++
Display: 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366x768)
Primary optical drive : SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

Also, if you are going to recommend any HP laptops to me, remember my budget and that I would prefer it to be HP, but I wouldn't mind if you recommend someone else as long as it meets my 'requirements'.
Lastly, if you haven't already guessed, I am going to use this laptop for gaming (specifically Minecraft) so keep that in mind.

I would really appreciate it if you gave me some help because, as I said before, I don't know much about laptops. Thank you so much!

Solution
AMD Radeon HD 6470M graphics card review

Your CPU and graphics card (plus everything else) are fine for Minecraft.

Lag is a function of the network connection in most cases. Another player with a bad connection/slow machine would likely be the cause of online play lag rather than the new hardware you mentioned above.

FrostyGun

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Thanks for both of your replies, that's just what I wanted to hear :) But just to be clear, it won't make MUCH of a difference if I use the laptop mentioned than some high-performance 10GB RAM 750GB Hard Drive laptop that has the best processor and graphics card to the amount of lag I get in-game? The only thing that makes a difference is the network connection?

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Your gaming experience will depend on your computer. But, the bottleneck is going to be in your and other people's internet connection, the computer is overkill for minecraft. But, if you are tryign to play on a network connection, like 512 kpbs, you are going to lag. If you have people playing with you who have a slow internet connection, they are going to affect you also. Buying a component to fix a problem caused by another component is not the best thing to do, but in many cases, it may help.