Would you recommend using Realtek "Headphone Vitrtualization"?

Tail_TL

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
I've tried listening to some songs with it enabled, some songs sounded on a whole new level of amazement. Well most songs. But is it good for gaming? Or for listening to dialog's/commentators/voices.

I've tried to search for other people opinion's on Google, but didn't find much about it, I guess its not a very popular topic.

I've tried to listen to some review's where someone is commentating alot, the voices felt very very distant and I didn't like it. Other voices were waaay too bassy, and were making my ears "bleed" (Not real bleeding ofcourse). Is there something I could do to balance it all out? so it would sound amazing with music and voices?

Not sure which category I should've put this in.

Solution
In the realtek program there is an option for loudness equalization. If you are having problems hearing voices, disable it. For music, you would want it disabled so it is clearer. That's what I do. I also enable speaker fill as well to simulate surround for 2.1 signals to my 5.1 system.

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
In the realtek program there is an option for loudness equalization. If you are having problems hearing voices, disable it. For music, you would want it disabled so it is clearer. That's what I do. I also enable speaker fill as well to simulate surround for 2.1 signals to my 5.1 system.

Solution