WoW diehards hit level 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Yay, I can waste valuable hours of my life faster than anyone else in the world! Just think, one are only young one and you will never have those hours/weeks/months back! Hooray!

G

honestly whatever... most/all of TwentyFifthNovember had loads of time finding the ins and outs in Beta time. Saying that "Blizz" caved is a joke. Maybe next time these clowns should be shut out of all interaction with WoW until release. Saying they cleared the content in 3 days is BS. They cleared it in 4 months. And 4 months seems reasonable imo.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Sounds like "Nymh" needs to get a life. Seriously, who cares what level he is? I'm level 12 on Oblivion. Does anyone really care?[/citation]

You are? HOLY SHIT MAN! You must be rich and get all the girls, oh wait. Your right, it doesn't matter!

Really these people are pathetic. They more they play the less of a life they have.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Sorry if that sounded a bit homosexual. So does reaching the OMG what you're a l33t lvl 80 in an old MMORPG with 20 expansion packs. Did Blizzard publicize this? I wouldn't.

"We would just like to brag about how we turn normal people into zombies, also known as 'video game addicts' to a growing number of psychologists. Our greatest creation, is "Nymh", a French no-lifer. He has never been laid, but he ascertains that he is not lonely, because his online clan and his mother have stood by him through all the battles he has faced. His dear mother has been bringing food to his office-chair side through all his encounters with near death, and by taking away his stools in a bedpan. In fact, the hit television series "South Park" has already done an episode detailing Nymh's incredible journey through cyberspace. If by some chance he should ever decide to put down our game and walk again, it will take years of therapy. Analysts predict that our hero "Nymh" will reach at least lvl 117 before his heart gives out due to lack of exercise so there may indeed be time to yet save his life. However, we would prefer it if he continued to play our game because we get a few bucks from his monthly subscription. We will further notify the world on this incredible man's battle against our game as updates happen. Stay tuned."

rdwestgate

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
I still remember when I played WOW. I stopped after I sat there one Friday night as my GF was getting ready to go the bar with her friends and I was going to stay in to run MC. It was then I sold my account and bought some rounds at the bar and havn't looked back. It's scary how many kids in college are staying in their dorm rooms and just playing this or other video games without any real life interaction being done.

G

To all the people who down-play the accomplishments of gamers.

The fact of the matter is that people like those in this article are the best at what they do. Very few people can claim that they are the best in the world at something. What these WoW players accomplished is insignificant to most people, but it's still extremely respectable because no one can do it better.

Saying that gamers like this have no life is equivalent to saying that Michael Phelps has no life, in my opinion. They both focus their time on 1 aspect of life and conquer it. Michael Phelps picked something that is significant to a larger population and thus overcame tougher competition, but both stand alone as a champion at what they do.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]rdwestgate[/nom]I still remember when I played WOW. I stopped after I sat there one Friday night as my GF was getting ready to go the bar with her friends and I was going to stay in to run MC. It was then I sold my account and bought some rounds at the bar and havn't looked back. It's scary how many kids in college are staying in their dorm rooms and just playing this or other video games without any real life interaction being done.[/citation]

Nothing that these WoW players do is respectable. Michael Phelps actually has something to show for his hard work, OLYMPIC MEDALS. Not to mention respect, oh and money from all the ads he will be doing, etc.

These players are going to find respect from other idiots who play WoW or retards like you who think WoW players and Michael Phelps are the samething.

Also Michael Phelps actually worked hard at what he did, you never work hard in a MMO, nevermind WoW. All you do is sit on your ass for hours at a time waiting for a item to drop, etc. Big difference there.

Oh and how much is Blizzard paying you?

chmod000

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
World of Warcraft is still around?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised...it has the same demographic as Sesame Street.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Dam it, was going to say "good for you man, fight the power" to rdwestgate and what I said above to mcgste.

And yes WoW as 11 million players, though it's probably like 7 million Asians now...

G

You have to try hard to be the best at something. Do you honestly think that the first level 80 and first guild to beat the all of the content in this expansion sat on their ass for hours at a time waiting for an item to drop?

I threw a big name like Michael Phelps to illustrate my point. Phelps is in a totally different league.

G

Does it really matter what these people do with their lives? Please, tell me what you all accomplish besides spending time on blogs posting meaningless and worthless comments.

I regularly play WoW 1-2 hours a day with friends and my wife. I have an associates degree and work full time with a medical staffing agency, and my wife is working on her nursing degree. We have an appartment, 2 new cars, and an awesome dog. Does WoW make us worthless and lackluster with our life accomplishments? I think the people needing to get a life are the ones who continue to bash the achievements of others. The world has changed, welcome to the digital age... Oh wait, you all still live in the dark ages.

-Josh

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Lol at "sp33d" You seem to forgot we are talking about people who spent day and night playing WOW. Not what ever else they are doing, and it's obvious they spend more time playing WoW then anything else in their lives. And for that do not have a life beyond WoW. You however do.

Doing anything in WoW is not a accomplishment. It's just doing something, unless you are so pathetic you would actually be proud of something that screams "hey look, I just proved I'm the biggest loser around?"

I see "sp33d" and mcgste, just don't get it. And that either can't read. Mcgste, notice how I said ",etc." aft the item drop? Oh wait I forgot you can't read.

I wasn't going to list all the activities you can do in a MMO. BTW, none of which is something to brag about unless you are pathetic and want to increase the size of your epeen.

The only thing you need "sp33d" is to you learn to read and understand what you read, same with you mcgste.

Alternator

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
Playing WoW is no more a waste of time than anything else... people do play it too much, but they value different things.

For example, I like the rest of you are wasting time making this post on the internet... But I don't care, I like reading and posting on the internet.

G

To the people that say WoW accomplishments do not matter. I say accomplishments are something that you value as an individual. Just because you do not get paid for and accomplishment or get respect for it does not make it any more/less valuable then another.

Accomplishments make YOU feel good at the end of the day; not someone else. So to those that feel good playing WoW 20 hours a day, good for you. To those who like being the best basketball player and making millions of dollars, good for you too. Whatever makes you happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.