WOW(Wide Open West) digital cable adapters???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

nukemaster

Distinguished
You will have to give more info on what kind of digital adapters you are looking at(Audio?/Video?/Analog to HDMI?/HDMI to analog[not recommended due to possible hdcp issues]).

I think you also mixed up the fields and put the question on the Title and the title in the Question section.

Solution

David from Alabama

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

David from Alabama

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I did mix up the fields. Knology(now WOW) has advised us that they will only be sending their signal in a digital format only for our televisions. They further advised that we will have to have a digital adapter for each television. At the conclusion of their conversion, televisions still connected directly to the wall will not receive cable service. I think the answer may be that we can buy a digital adapter, but since the signal is also being encrypted, we will not have the proper key to set the adapter to translate the signal...may be no hope and we will have to pay the $2/month for each adapter.......

nukemaster

Distinguished
@ ssddx, thanks for the link. I am almost sure any users with a Digital box/PVR will already have a channel delay. Analog was just FAST. It does not help that older boxes may have had only one analog and one digital tuner leading to these issues(can not record and watch something else).

Unfortunately many places have already made this transition and it has been held back many times by providers.

I still remember when TV makers started to talk about all tv's having either cable card or another way to avoid the need for a cable box. It never happened.

You may have to get in direct contact with WOW to see if third party adapters will be supported. My provider does not support cable card so at least for me, I require a cable box on each TV too.

I will fix your title and post to try to get more users to take notice.

gladbag

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014

Hey, did you get an answer to this question? We live in Columbus, GA and have heard about the change. We have cable internet with WOW and since we got it, have had cable TV without subscribing (because the signal comes through un-encrypted via the cable used for internet). I was wondering if there was any way to get the required adapter needed after the change. Tonight is the first night that some channels are no longer working.

Status
Not open for further replies.