WP7's First Update Bricking Some Phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
i though pulling the battery, waiting for the capacitors to bleed any residual current before reinserting it was a hard reset? if not, how much harder do you have to reset it?

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
^
According to the instructions, users simply pull the battery, wait a moment before replacing the battery, and then turn the device back on. If that doesn't work, users are instructed to perform a hard reset.

G

Oh man, I hope by a 'small number of phones' they don't mean the same as the 'small number of xbox consoles' that they kept claiming were all that were affected.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I have an Omnia 7, which is apparently one of the affected phones so for the time being I will have to hold out until this is resolved. So far I am impressed with WP7 in general, but not impressed with M$'s lack of ability to learn from other companies' mistakes!

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Bad form as usual from M$.
But then again, there are quite a few W7 phones, so testing each possibility on each phone could take all year.

gsxr1181

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
WP7=FAIL

Good thing I went Droid, the no copy and paste thing was my deal breaker. I mean it's been there since WM5?

Maybe I will still get one when they are on clearance for $19.00. Can anyone say KIN....

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hey hjkhjlkjlkj...Real bad man,real bad...You ain't got nothing close to a single bargain & you say "click on our website" & I did & you say next "will bring you different surprise" hey man,I got a surprise,a real surprise that finally "nfdhfdh2200" actually had something cheaper than your store did...

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]Yes ... its a "software" fix vs a "hardware" one ... presuming the condom works for "your holding it wrong".[/citation]
I am not sure that "condom fix" is classified as "soft" fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.