WSJ: The iPad 2 is Currently in Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
who cares, another super overpriced Apple product.
I'm sure a lot of people will be standing in that line in front of the Apple store, not knowing why, but they will buy it.

erhardm

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I still don't get it. Why would you pay $500+ for a tablet that is so limited? $300 price tag would justify it because the netbooks are around $350. Anything more than $300 would have to be a slate with an complete OS. IMHO

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]erhardm[/nom]I still don't get it. Why would you pay $500+ for a tablet that is so limited? $300 price tag would justify it because the netbooks are around $350. Anything more than $300 would have to be a slate with an complete OS. IMHO[/citation]
Dude, it's not even announced yet and you already complain about the price?

As soon as somebody mentions Apple these days, some hater will crawl out of his hiding hole and scream "overpriced" without even knowing about the product.

dan55

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I don't get the whole tablet craze, to be totally honest. I can be far more productive on a netbook, as I have better local storage, full support for customizability on the OS (Run any OS I want), and get better specs for a lot cheaper. But, there are a lot of people who buy this stuff, especially Apple tech, for reasons that escape me, as I have only ever had problems with every Appe product I have laid hands on. Must be too simple for me...

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]some hater will crawl out of his hiding hole and scream "overpriced" without even knowing about the product.[/citation]

And we'll all be laughing at their fan's when they announce a price that makes us go "Wow.. that's overpriced", and all of their fan's will be like "oh damn, still buying it though"

TBH if the rumoured spec's are true i'll consider one for myself, but only if someone manages to port android to it like the iPod touch.

G

It will be out soon, just this week, ipads have started flooding clearance sites,
discounted refurbished, new, etc. they are clearing house, since once the ipad is announced, there won't be a lot of ipad1 buyers

G

[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Dude, it's not even announced yet and you already complain about the price?As soon as somebody mentions Apple these days, some hater will crawl out of his hiding hole and scream "overpriced" without even knowing about the product.[/citation]

News flash! Everything Apple makes is over priced. What makes you think this will be any different?

G

heck they probably already have ipad3 and ipad4 in their chinese storage warehouses...

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
The thing about a tablet (for me) is to replace paper books... If I can get a library of ebooks that are a TOTAL of one inch tall, that's what I get out of a tablet. It doesn't have to be an iPad, but unlike eInk you can get magazines on an iPad in *COLOR*. It's kind of a nice bonus that it has wifi and 3G support. Any ereader with a nice interface would suffice.

G

What is scary is everything electronic is made overseas. Don't think for a minute that the Chicoms are our friends or business partners. They are just sucking out out ability to produce goods and later RandD. Perhaps Gates ans Jobs should build a factory here for a change instead os using cheap labor overseas. Oh and Gates how about setting up endowments for Americans instead of for everyone you can think of. Perfect example of Western white guilt at it's finest.

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]teddddd[/nom]News flash! Everything Apple makes is over priced. What makes you think this will be any different? [/citation]

Is it just me or have you missed the fact that every tablet that has come out since the iPad has cost more than the iPad, yet you still rant about Apple being overprice!?!?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]applerocks[/nom]Is it just me or have you missed the fact that every tablet that has come out since the iPad has cost more than the iPad, yet you still rant about Apple being overprice!?!?[/citation]Beat me to it. AND, they suck. lol. All those fancy ports and it still sucks.

erhardm

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Dude, it's not even announced yet and you already complain about the price?As soon as somebody mentions Apple these days, some hater will crawl out of his hiding hole and scream "overpriced" without even knowing about the product.[/citation]

"The new tablets are expected to arrive with the same price points now seen with the original iPad"

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]erhardm[/nom]"The new tablets are expected to arrive with the same price points now seen with the original iPad"[/citation]
Rumours about the iPad 2 (or most Apple product releases) are a dime a dozen.
"said people familiar with the matter." can mean anything.

[citation][nom]gnookergi[/nom]News flash! Everything Apple makes is over priced. What makes you think this will be any different?[/citation]

For something to be overpriced there has to be a product that is
a) equally good or better in all aspects and
b) cheaper

Some Apple products are just stupid (the 17" MacBook Pros for instance), but some are pretty good.
My 2009 Mac mini was a very good deal, the 13" MacBook Pros are pretty good, the 27" iMacs are easily the best all-in-one PCs on the market.

Especially in the tablet market its difficult to say which product is best, since these things are only toys. It's all about the user experience and Apple is very good at that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.