WWDC 2011 Tickets Selling for $5,000 on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Really! C'mon. $5,000 for them to showcase a handful of products. I got an idea, give me $5,000 and I'll stop trolling ALL Apple news.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
$1599 for the privilege of spending a day with a room full of weird, hipsters, talking about the ecosystem of overpriced hardware, and how to develop software for the hippies that buy this hardware?

Who needs that abuse? And to pay for it? It's out of the Twilight Zone.

Why would you charge people so much money who are trying to develop for your platform, and to make it more attractive? I'm all for choices, so I'm not anti-Apple, but they're so extreme with their heavy-handedness and arrogance, it's going to bite them sooner or later. It's just too much. They make IBM circa 1980 look absolutely humble.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Can someone please tell me what's the big deal with Apple? I'm not interested in bashing or praising them, I'm just wondering (as a non-Apple owner), what's the big deal about this company? I'm serious...

chaoski

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]Can someone please tell me what's the big deal with Apple? I'm not interested in bashing or praising them, I'm just wondering (as a non-Apple owner), what's the big deal about this company? I'm serious...[/citation]

hype

NOTHING else

zonico

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Apple is the best at what it does. The make quality products that enhance lives of people who use the devices. Plain and Simple. Oh and also Apple iOS developers made over 4 billions dollars in App sales last year... That says alot about apple, and how they are providing opportunity. If anything the tickets should be 10,000 dollars.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Apple is the best at what it does. The make quality products that enhance lives of people who use the devices.

Apple is the best at what it does. The make quality Advertisements that enhance status of Sheeple who use the devices.

There I fixed it.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
As usual the idiots are out in full force.

I'm going to the conference this year. I got my ticket as soon as I got my e-mail. Since I'm getting into developing for iOS, this conference makes total sense. What they are offering for that $1,500 is well worth it. I consider it money well spent.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]As usual the idiots are out in full force.I'm going to the conference this year. I got my ticket as soon as I got my e-mail. Since I'm getting into developing for iOS, this conference makes total sense. What they are offering for that $1,500 is well worth it. I consider it money well spent.[/citation]
You're proof of your first assertion.

What are they offering for $1500? It's actually much closer to $1600, but then, you do love Apple, so you probably can't count money anyway, without an iPad.

You get indoctrination? You are told the right path through life? You get to talk to the angels of Jobs? You get to talk to fellow dolts, so you don't feel so stupid, by comparison?

Apple gets a cut off of the software they sell from their store. Why do they have to charge so much money off these people, errr sheep, for the privilege of them getting information how to develop software for a platform. I mean, really, $1600? It's excessive, and it's disgusting.

Can they get away with it? Yes, for now, but this type of arrogance always brings down a company sooner or later. Apple really has nothing special. They don't design chips. They don't develop technology in a meaningful technical way. Their OS is crap, and not extraordinary in any way. They sell a lot of sizzle, and they have huge value in their brand name, and do create usable products that work in a way some people find very endearing. But, it's not enough to be arrogant, because it's all easily copied.

Better companies, like IBM, fell from greater preeminence, with massive technological assets, and a much greater reputation and customer reach. Apple has to keep creating something that works in a way no one has figured out before, or to create a chic style that appeals to people. They don't have the technological momentum, or even product momentum, of an Intel or Microsoft. It's a very precarious situation, and assumes constantly creating markets, or subsets of markets. If Apple fails, their company will fail. To me, that's really dangerous. And it's really bad to be arrogant.

We'll see what happens. But we already see that the iPhone is rapidly losing market share, and the iPad is now too. Mature markets inevitably see Apple fade, because they are overpriced, and creating new markets to stay in business, sooner or later, will fail.

Then, cattle like you will not have to pay $1600 and be self-righteous about it.

brucek2

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
$1,600 for a professional conference is not unusual. The tickets of many attendees will be bought by their employers, or will be a write off.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
TA152H, I'm LOLing that you wasted so much time to write that essay which proves you know nothing about developing software, nor do you have a clue what they actually do at these conferences.

Or maybe you're all butthurt because your sorry welfare ass can't afford to invest in your own future.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
quick somebody notify the republicans they can wipe out all the democratic opposition with money at this convention!
meh i'm too lazy to do it....
what?! oh come off it!
it's alot funnier than paying $1,500-$5,000 for a ticket to hang out with a building full of dumb snobs. i could understand if it was a charity raising event to fund a cure for cancer or for the foxconn workers he poisoned or pushed to death as anything short of that gives me complete and utter lack of regard for every one who bought a ticket. i guess his holy jobsness thinks he needs the money, if he enjoys it before he meets his maker i will be dissappointed.

and yes i do mean this, every one at apple and other companies know exactly what they were doing by making everything outside of america and in china to escape from our rules and regs to chase the almighty buck($). i wouldn't even blink if these chinese people pushed lawsuits thru an american court in going after apple and those other companies after all they are allowed to in america.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]TA152H, I'm LOLing that you wasted so much time to write that essay which proves you know nothing about developing software, nor do you have a clue what they actually do at these conferences.Or maybe you're all butthurt because your sorry welfare ass can't afford to invest in your own future.[/citation]

Well it probably took 2 minutes or less, I mean it doesn't take ALL that long to write a couple of paragraphs....
No it doesn't really prove he/she doesn't develop software, it kind of proves they think those who paid over $1500 should have paid less, I mean it only benefits those who go, like fuck them right? :S
And I doubt their butthurt as well, but as for me, I do in fact know nothing when it comes to developing software, so yes my next statement is somewhat bias but whatever, I would prefer getting 1 step closer to an eye infinity setup with LP3065's than buying 1 of those tickets.

And that's my opinion, and their opinion is there's, why the hate, do you know why apple lovers get bashed often? Because people like you somehow take bashes to apple's high prices to heart, then you get pissed off, and call everyone a poor ass or something similarly related to welfare, as you did. Then you wonder where your legendary aggorance spoken about net wide is from. And sorry, but buying a laptop for example for 1300 when you can get equal performance for half the price, that's not rich, thats stupid.

Going to lol because it took me 3+ minutes to type this up?

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
^ LOL even more because people think I'm an Apple lover. I'm a hardcore PC guy, developing Windows software for years now. Just got into iOS recently as I wanted to give it a try.

It's funny, you can't even make a positive statement about Apple without being labelled "sheep", "cattle", "stupid". Even funnier how so many of Tom's readers hate Apple, yet they can't resist to pop into every Apple thread and make stupid comments.

The day the haters leave these threads is the day I stop insulting them (really, they're not insults if they're true, are they?). I know that'll never happen 'cuz the hater just can't let things go.

Someone should do a study on the "hater". I bet they could classify it as a psychological disorder. Maybe the haters would then qualify for disability benefits. Better yet, they might get free drugs.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Well insults beget more insults, so you can expect being labeled "sheep", "cattle", "stupid", especially when it comes to apple bashers, but I didn't see anyone say you are stupid.
And no, only I thought you were an apple lover, so I jumped to conclusions, I stand corrected.
And honestly, you started off with "As usual the idiots are out in full force", I know you know wtf an insult is so I guess we shouldn't have to bother with some education, regardless if it's true.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's getting old, posts like "apple sux" "ipad is overpriced wait til others come out" or similar garbage is older than but can it play crysis, same shit different day, but you did specifically bash a legitimate rant, who replied because of your first statement. And i'm quite sure that specific person would say the same about sony, microsoft or anyone else.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
eric got owned period. When jobs finally dies of his sickness that hes on leave for, will eric and others cry in the streets? Have candles in front of Apple stores?

1500 bucks to go see live the announcement of the iphone 5. And you wonder why the majority look at you (eric) sideways. And it was like your post was to brag but you got shut down quickly. And then we(the majority) are on welfare because we think paying 1500 bucks to see a skinny dead man walking in a black turtle neck announce what we already know whats coming is retarted.

Your new fart app for $5.99 will never see the light of day.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
^ Seriously, you are making yourself look stupid here.

Do you develop software? Have you ever been to a developers conference of ANY kind? Ever been to any type of specific hands-on training? No you haven't - if you did you would realize $1,599 is actually on the low side for 5 days of seminars & training. Apple is providing 1,000 (yes, that's one-thousand) engineers that attendees can talk to about the technical details of coding for iOS (or OS X). You can even bring your own code/apps in to have an engineer go over it with you.

Oh, and my apps will see the light of day. Are you old enough to drive a car? If so, chances are excellent you or someone you know are already using my software. LOL to think the haters are using something I worked on developing without even knowing it. And you can't delete it either - it's embedded into the modules of your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.