Review Wyze Cam v3 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcumming

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I have two Wyze version 2 cameras with the not so reliable Wyze Sense that I wanted to use with Alexa routines. But I have been unable to get it to work consistently no matter what I tried (resets, different networks, different Wyze hubs, different Wyze PIR, etc...)
Has anyone tried this out yet per the link. Love to know if this works. I am not the author and the credit goes to the person who wrote this article. They wrote this since in Canada there are restrictions that the US does not have with respect to the Wyze features. So this smart person found a workaround......
At least this may work until Wyze puts out a hub that I hope works 100% with version 3.

Thank you
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2021
Except, sadly, this particular model (v3) does not currently sell for under $25. The price right now is $34.99 (exclusive of shipping, which is another $5.99) bundled with a Wyze Cam Plus subscription due to "A global shortage for [sic] key materials like silicon... making it impossible to meet demand for some of our newest products". With an actual street price of $40 I think the Wyze v3 winds up in a much more crowded field of high quality products, even for those of us already invested in their ecosystem (I own 4 of the Wyze Cam v2 models).

Mar 16, 2021
Stay away from the Wyze Cam v3 for now - they are having major connectivity issues. Some cameras are better than others, but in some lots, 50% of the cameras lose connection through a single wall.

Which is sad - the night vision on these is truly unbelievable.

And when in the same room as the WiFi router/access point, it connects much quicker than the v2 - just don't move them any further away!

I would STRONGLY suggest waiting for v4 - or until they recall these and replace with working ones - I have a feeling they have an antenna problem during manufacture (the most common problem with embedded / IoT devices)

Oct 30, 2020
"If you want longer videos but don’t want to sign up for a subscription, you can insert a 32GB microSD card into the camera"

Maybe.... I find that trying to replay a near real-time recording (from a motion alert) results in "connectivity problems" But miraculously the camera send me another motion alert immediately. If I replay an event from an hour ago it works fine. I can't help but have the feeling Wyze is preventing motion alert replays to force us into the monthly fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.