X1 carbon 2015 underside noise and not shut down

baimiaomark

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
I got an X1 carbon 3rd around 2 weeks ago and I am running Win10 Education. I have encountered several "problems".

1. When I press the underside (the bottom) of the laptop below the touchpad, I heard this clicking noise, similar to clicking the touchpad.

2. Occasinally, when I shut down the computer, the screen was off, but the power light was still on. I need to hold power swith for a while to forcefully shut the computer down

3. Still occasinally, the laptop went to sleep with a solid green power light on and it could not be waken up. Still I need to forcefully shut it down and restart again.

I did a little research and I have not seen a lot of problem 1, but many complaints on 2 and 3. Did you encounter similar problems before? Are they design problems, system issues, or defects? If I got a defective product, I would like it to be exchanged or so.
Thank you for your comments!

Solution
1) Hm... My guess will be bad assmebly, but I'm no half sure. The chassis could be putting pressure on the keypad.
2) That's Windows 8-10 for you. It's not a problem, it's just that the screen is off, then after a while it'll shut down. It's the same for my Samsung NP300E5C, which is a laptop from 2013 and has the same problem.
3) Seems like a problem with ACPI. Perhaps reinstall a certain driver or something? Seems like something from my Hackintosh days.

P.S.: An IT friend of my ranted about poor workmanship from Lenovo recently. He recommended an X1 Carbon to his boss, and he said the motherboard went bad after 1-2 weeks.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
1) Hm... My guess will be bad assmebly, but I'm no half sure. The chassis could be putting pressure on the keypad.
2) That's Windows 8-10 for you. It's not a problem, it's just that the screen is off, then after a while it'll shut down. It's the same for my Samsung NP300E5C, which is a laptop from 2013 and has the same problem.
3) Seems like a problem with ACPI. Perhaps reinstall a certain driver or something? Seems like something from my Hackintosh days.

P.S.: An IT friend of my ranted about poor workmanship from Lenovo recently. He recommended an X1 Carbon to his boss, and he said the motherboard went bad after 1-2 weeks.

Solution