Xbox 360 Elite Dropping by $100 August 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

renniz

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
First you purchase the console. Second you purchase an additional controller. Third you purchase the wi-fi adapter. Fourth you purchase an Xbox Live Gold account. Fifth you purchase games at $59.95 or less. Sixth you purchase two rechargeable battery packs and a charger. Finally you enjoy your $249 - $399 system.

tsiberious

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
This is tempting. I have an old pro right now without HDMI and the 20GB HDD.
Anybody know if it is easy to upgrade consoles (transferring all dlc, etc...)?

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I paid $400 for my console 2.5 years ago. It was a good investment. Now that they're not going to replace it FOREVER I just hope it lasts for the 8 years they're supposedly going to be using it.

I want a new XBOX(3)! Mandate a 60fps minimum or they're not allowed to release the game.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
very tempting, i said about a week ago if the xbox 360 elite or the ps3 went down to $299 I would probably get it. If the elite still has the bundle with Fable 2 and Halo 3 in it and the price is $299 that will make it a no brainer for me.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
tsiberious: there is no way to transfer your stuff from from one drive to another legitimately since that breaks copy protection.

these prices are nice tho...

renniz: not everyone buys these things to play with multiple people... or use on wireless or on XBL or with 360 games (i prefer the minigames and using it as a media streamer on the wire)... for those people, having all that integrated is just as worthless as the point you're trying to make...

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]tsiberious: there is no way to transfer your stuff from from one drive to another legitimately since that breaks copy protection.[/citation]

Actually if you recover your gamertag with the new xbox you can redownload all your games and movies. The content stays with your gamertag, not the console.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
tenor77: ah.. interesting... but that's still a pain in the azz... having to download 15gigs of stuff... oh well, guess it's better than loosing it all...

kaby

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]tsiberious: there is no way to transfer your stuff from from one drive to another legitimately since that breaks copy protection.these prices are nice tho...renniz: not everyone buys these things to play with multiple people... or use on wireless or on XBL or with 360 games (i prefer the minigames and using it as a media streamer on the wire)... for those people, having all that integrated is just as worthless as the point you're trying to make...[/citation]

They do make a usb transfer cable to transfer files from one drive to another then formatting the original drive. This cable comes with the 120 gb drive if purchased seperatley or I believe Microsoft will provide one upon request, correct me if I am wrong. The transfer is a easy process but usually takes 90 -120 min. I have done about 8 transfers now.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]renniz[/nom]First you purchase the console. Second you purchase an additional controller. Third you purchase the wi-fi adapter. Fourth you purchase an Xbox Live Gold account. Fifth you purchase games at $59.95 or less. Sixth you purchase two rechargeable battery packs and a charger. Finally you enjoy your $249 - $399 system.[/citation]
Don't forget an HD TV if they don't already have one. If you don't have an HD TV, you may as well stick to last gen.

[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]tsiberious: there is no way to transfer your stuff from from one drive to another legitimately since that breaks copy protection.these prices are nice tho...renniz: not everyone buys these things to play with multiple people... or use on wireless or on XBL or with 360 games (i prefer the minigames and using it as a media streamer on the wire)... for those people, having all that integrated is just as worthless as the point you're trying to make...[/citation]
In that case, they may as well get the Arcade, or whatever the crappy base model is called.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
the arcade model doesn't come with a hard drive... essential to the minigames... but that is the idea... a model for everyone's choice instead of one for all... this is the way it should be done.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
And the only difference between the Elite and Pro?

- Black case
- 120GB HD vs 60GB HD (which used to be 20GB on the Pro)

HD prices have fallen, MS has only made an adjustment.

There was little reason to spend an extra $100 for the Pro for a Drive size and color. This is also the same for the PS3... 80GB HD vs 160GB.... most people just buy the 80GB.

With the price drop, the PS3 *WILL* have to follow suit. The 80GB model will need to sell for about $300 or so. Or at least the PS3-Slim (if it actually comes out).

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
If the elite bundle at $299 still comes with a couple of games that I want I would grab it, but I doubt they will do that.

sticks435

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
[citation][nom]purplerat[/nom]If the elite bundle at $299 still comes with a couple of games that I want I would grab it, but I doubt they will do that.[/citation]
Actully you get the HDMI cable, which is like 20 bucks.

sticks435

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]And the only difference between the Elite and Pro?- Black case- 120GB HD vs 60GB HD (which used to be 20GB on the Pro)HD prices have fallen, MS has only made an adjustment.There was little reason to spend an extra $100 for the Pro for a Drive size and color. This is also the same for the PS3... 80GB HD vs 160GB.... most people just buy the 80GB.With the price drop, the PS3 *WILL* have to follow suit. The 80GB model will need to sell for about $300 or so. Or at least the PS3-Slim (if it actually comes out).[/citation]
Actully you get the HDMI cable, which is like 20 bucks.

G

[citation][nom]renniz[/nom]First you purchase the console. Second you purchase an additional controller. Third you purchase the wi-fi adapter. Fourth you purchase an Xbox Live Gold account. Fifth you purchase games at $59.95 or less. Sixth you purchase two rechargeable battery packs and a charger. Finally you enjoy your $249 - $399 system.[/citation]

LOL SO TRUE... microsoft marketing is screwing all xbox fanboys.. you forgot the last thing... BUY ANOTHER XBOX cause it broke!

AND THEY LOVE IT!!!!!!

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005

1. Purchased my console Summer of last year.

2. Purchased a wired controller for my PC when the 360 came out, so I didn't need that.

3. I'm plugged into ethernet. No need for Wi-fi.

4. Don't need XBL Gold for it to work, and I can still download firmware updates, game updates, demos, etc.

5. Wait until you can get games used because I'm not a die-hard gamer, save $30-$40 by waiting 6 months.

6. Haven't had to replace the batteries in my wireless controller yet, using the non-rechargeable kind (granted I don't use the wireless controller unless a friend comes over).

Sushi Warrior

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
[citation][nom]tsiberious[/nom]This is tempting. I have an old pro right now without HDMI and the 20GB HDD.Anybody know if it is easy to upgrade consoles (transferring all dlc, etc...)?[/citation]

I think it comes with a USB transfer cable that lets you move all your stuff, worst case is you have to re-DL everything on the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.