Xbox 360 Games on Demand Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Looks like half the launch games are on there haha. Still have the launch 360 with the 20GB hard drive hardly have enough space to be downloading any games. Good forward thinking for Microsoft, I can't imagine the next generation console having less than 1 TB of hard drive space.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]None of those games are any good anyway[/citation]

Elder Scrolls? Mass Effect? Didn't Elder Scrolls win GOTY and Mass Effect in contention for it? Oh.

hopiamani

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Cool

One part of me says that this will be great because it will help drive gamestop out of business.

But another part of me is worried that I won't be able to get some money back by selling on ebay or somewhere if I make a mistake and buy crappy game. I also won't be able to borrow games from friends too.

Finally my biggest concern is that if we all start buying games from one provider, Xbox Live, PSN or Steam, then they will have monopoly pricing power and no more great deals from amazon or newegg or walmart. No more competition from retailers...

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Oooo maybe they can offer used games? Most of those seem to be avail as used for $10-20

lol "Slightly used digital copy"

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Don't rise to him, obvious Sony fanboy...[/citation]

Im no sony fanboy PS3's suck too

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Mass Effect was one of the most tedious and boring games I've played since Genesis. It boggles me to see how it got the rating that it did. In fact, it was so bad, I'm willing to give it away under two conditions, one, the person pays the postage and two, they also agree to take Genesis along with it.

renniz

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
The only limiting factor is the hard drive size. I wish MS allowed standard 2.5 user upradeable drives. I actually prefer playing downloaded games so I don't have to switch discs. Now, why can't you register a disc for one system so you don't need to verify the disc if you do a full install?

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]There will likely always be physical media, but when you load it to the hard drive you register it with the Xbox Live service and if you tank your HDD your registered purchase can be re-downloaded.Exactly.Like.Steam.Even if not, removing physical media and not having packaging, delivery trucks or other supply chain should drive costs down.Exactly.Like.Steam.[/citation]

Are you saying this is a bad thing?
So where's Civ Rev? I thought that one was coming too. I love Civ on the PC but for multiplayer I actually like this one as it plays fast. Good for the quick kill.

bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
I don't see anything worth buying on that list. I've either played them and don't like them or already know they suck.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I love this service.

What sucks though is that I will forever be stuck with the shitty sized HD's that MS decides will be enough for us 360 users. I paid for a console and its 20GB drive, now I must shell out for a 120GB that fills up pretty fast with games around 6-9gb. C'mon MS, release a bigger drive damn it!

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This article leaves me with a few questions. Do the games have a download limit before you have to pay again? If not then it could be a good deal if the prices are fair.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
If they're priced like everything else on XBOX live then this is completely pointless. Who wants a 7 year old XBOX game for $20?

I never sell my used games but I buy them, eliminating that market will suck for gamers. I only spend $20 or less on a game. If the only way I can get one is to pay the full $60 because there's no second hand I think I might just give up on gaming in general. I'd rather have a pair of shoes than some stupid video game anyways.

XBOX live prices are insanity!

G

I don't agree with MS releasing a bigger HD. All they have to do is make it so that people who purchase a 360 can use either a USB HD or install a bigger HD (Not purchased through MS) on the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS