Xbox 360 S Hacked to Play Burned 'Backup' Discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I see a lot more Xbox piracy than i thought existed. While it's no where close to PC piracy, i was still surprised to find out how easy it can be if one knows what they're doing...

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Well.. i realize that piracy is a big issue.. but in this case.. my son could definitely use this for his 360.. he has scratched way to many disks. This would allow him to save the original and use the copy for drink coasters if he wanted to.
It is the same with PC's.. having to use the disk every time is not very practical.. And I'm sure everyone love secure rom :)

volkov956

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
Dont think having ur gamer tag showing in the video would be a good idea TeamJungle but my guess it is an offline account

gallidorn

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]so i guess the slim design was to just change the look of an unreliable console instead of improving anything else. heck the PS3 has been unhackable since the original was released[/citation]

This has got to be the most uninformed posting I've ever seen!!! PS3 was hacked within the first week. Since it was able to run linux, it enabled a wide variety of hacks!

You only hate the XBOX 360 because you are a PS3 Fanboy. Get a life and get informed!!!

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]gallidorn[/nom]This has got to be the most uninformed posting I've ever seen!!! PS3 was hacked within the first week. Since it was able to run linux, it enabled a wide variety of hacks!You only hate the XBOX 360 because you are a PS3 Fanboy. Get a life and get informed!!![/citation]

LMAO these are the most entertaining forums on the net. write any negative crap and just sit back and get ready for a laugh

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]so i guess the slim design was to just change the look of an unreliable console instead of improving anything else. heck the PS3 has been unhackable since the original was released[/citation]

*Difficult to hack, nothing is unhackable. Anything engineered can be reverse engineered. I think the real bane of pirates for PS3 is the choice of media. Don't PS3 games come out on BD-ROM discs? Most people have a DVD burner, they're cheap as dirt, but a bluray burner is another matter. People bought PS3s to have a bluray player, they're not going to go buy a burner to pirate games, especially when most PS3 titles come out on XBox anyway.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]gallidorn[/nom]This has got to be the most uninformed posting I've ever seen!!! PS3 was hacked within the first week. Since it was able to run linux, it enabled a wide variety of hacks!You only hate the XBOX 360 because you are a PS3 Fanboy. Get a life and get informed!!![/citation]

wow, I think you're the one that's uninformed.

You need to get your facts straight before you spill more BS out.

Do some homework first my friend.

blopdak

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]wow, I think you're the one that's uninformed.You need to get your facts straight before you spill more BS out. Do some homework first my friend.[/citation]

I have no clue as to the "hackability" of the PS3. Is it, or is it able to play backups?

remzrr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
The PS3 hasnt been officially hacked as of yet. The Hacks if you could call em that were to play emulators on the Linux side. There were a couple vids floating a few years back about playing backups but this was never confirmed. The only hope was the same dude that hacked the iphone claimed to have full access to the PS3 but as soon as he made his announcement Sony removed the Linux feature. He told everyone not to upgrade as he will vow to come up with a solution but that was last year...........Technically the PS3 is still a virgin

remzrr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]remzrr[/nom]The PS3 hasn't been officially hacked as of yet. The Hacks if you could call em that were to play emulators on the Linux side. There were a couple vids floating a few years back about playing backups but this was never confirmed. The only hope was the same dude that hacked the iphone claimed to have full root access to the PS3 but as soon as he made his announcement Sony removed the Linux feature a cpl weeks later. He told everyone not to upgrade as he will vow to come up with a solution but that was last year...........Technically the PS3 is still a virgin

***Update he has come up with a custom firmware enabling the Other OS Feature
http://modsandhacks.net/tag/ps3-hacks/

Wheat_Thins

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]*Difficult to hack, nothing is unhackable. Anything engineered can be reverse engineered. I think the real bane of pirates for PS3 is the choice of media. Don't PS3 games come out on BD-ROM discs? Most people have a DVD burner, they're cheap as dirt, but a bluray burner is another matter. People bought PS3s to have a bluray player, they're not going to go buy a burner to pirate games, especially when most PS3 titles come out on XBox anyway.[/citation]

......Most people that hack consoles don't give a shit about the optical drive, you play the images from a new massive hard drive. The PS3 has yet to be hacked. It has yet to this day been hacked to where it can actually play copied PS3 games or even PS3 game images. Key structure is natively built into Cell and key encryption is even in an encrypted shell that spans across SPU's. PS3 is the equivalent of Fort Knox in terms of trying to get copied game content to run on it.

gallidorn

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]chick0n[/nom]wow, I think you're the one that's uninformed.You need to get your facts straight before you spill more BS out. Do some homework first my friend.[/citation]

I didn't say anything about the PS3 playing backups or having mod-chips, but there were several homebrew hacks that sprung up after the PS3's initial launch allowing people to play Emulators.

Enabling a console to play emulators is considered a hack, because it is allowing the console to play games which were illegally obtained.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Although piracy on consoles isn't as much of a problem as it is on the PC.

What planet do you live on?, where i live my shop does console repairs for every for every 3 xbox 360 taken in 1 is modded same goes for the Wii, have not seen 1 modded ps3 yet though and they are very rare to see broken unless dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.