Xbox All Access is a foolproof way to get an Xbox Series X — but is it worth it?

Dec 3, 2021
I'm making an assumption but the all access just comes comes with a code for 24 months of GP Ultimate correct? So in theory, if you get discounted GP offers you can just stack them into your account.

Since you read through the fine print, could I buy through all access and just pay the whole thing off the first month? Would be an easy way to get a series x since I basically only use game pass at this point and rarely purchase games anymore.

Dec 10, 2021
I'm making an assumption but the all access just comes comes with a code for 24 months of GP Ultimate correct? So in theory, if you get discounted GP offers you can just stack them into your account.

Since you read through the fine print, could I buy through all access and just pay the whole thing off the first month? Would be an easy way to get a series x since I basically only use game pass at this point and rarely purchase games anymore.

What I found on Microsoft’s website:

“There are no application fees, no annual fees, no late fees, nor early repayment fees for your Citizens One Line of Credit for Xbox All Access. However, late payments may be reported to the credit bureaus.”

This was important to me as well, as I’m not entirely against the deal as it stands, but if I can just pay it off in 3 months I’d rather do that!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2021
Am I missing something or does the article not elucidate what "guaranteed" means. No All-Access participating retailers seem to suggest there's perpetually reserved stock. Does "guaranteed" mean you get one when new stock is available and new stock is reserved for existing All-Access members who have not yet ordered? That would mean you could be get the credit and wait months for stock while paying for something you don't own which seems pretty crap to me

Dec 17, 2021
Am I missing something or does the article not elucidate what "guaranteed" means. No All-Access participating retailers seem to suggest there's perpetually reserved stock. Does "guaranteed" mean you get one when new stock is available and new stock is reserved for existing All-Access members who have not yet ordered? That would mean you could be get the credit and wait months for stock while paying for something you don't own which seems pretty crap to me

very observant question. it really seems like this is all some kind of set-up to get more people signed up with credit. but why would they go to all this trouble? is this just one more part of the bigger plan? why would they deliberately understock this item everywhere else and reserve countless stock for wal-mart to sign people up for some big credit game? is it because people are easier to control when they are owned by creditors?? do they know something we dont about an impending financial collapse/disaster within the next two years that will leave people without a way to pay their debts and will then have no choice but to sign over rights for government assistance????

Dec 18, 2021
I think this is a total scam. I purchased the xbox through all access since it is the only way to get one and it is my 10 year old son's only xmas wish. You purchase it from Walmart who partners with Liftforward for BNPL (buy now pay later) financing programs. The ultimate financing is provided by Citizens Financial Group. The catch is that when something goes wrong (in my case, the xbox never arrived(!!)) NOBODY seems to have responsibility for helping the customer. Walmart customer service says they do not provide customer service for XAA purchases. In fact, the purchase does not even appear in your Walmart order history. Citizens Financial says they are only the financing provider and cannot help (although I believe the woman I spoke with truly wanted to help and has documented the situation for when we end of having to fight over the monthly payments). Liftforward has no customer service as far as I can tell. They have not responded to my submission via their portal and when I call them, their automated recording directs you to call Citizens Financial for XAA inquiries. Basically, all three parties involved: Walmart, Liftforward and Citizens, point to each other and nobody takes responsibility for the customer. Regardless of how badly you may want an xbox, I do not recommend this program. It is a total disaster and I have wasted hours on trying to figure this out. In the end, I still do not have an xbox for my son.

@Tom's guide, I purchased through the XAA program because of the recommendation on your website. I did not know about it prior to reading your article. If you have any ideas on what I should do based on your experience, or know anyone I should contact, it would be much appreciated.

Dec 21, 2021
Xbox All Access is a relatively easy way to pick up an Xbox Series X, but you have to lock yourself into an expensive, long-term contract.

Xbox All Access is a foolproof way to get an Xbox Series X — but is it worth it? : Read more
I ended up purchasing this mostly because my game pass was running out and I was looking for a long term subscription. Contrary to what’s stated in the article, I had a really difficult time finding game pass at any kind of discount (although I do see some modest discounts available right now… 6 months for $60 at Amazon).
I had no issues getting the console shipped and delivered. I have also already paid off half of it.
One other interesting note is, I assume because it’s a “subscription”, I wasn’t charged sales tax on the Series X. Sales tax where I live is about 8% so that’s an additional $40 savings. Effectively I got a Series X for MSRP and Game Pass Ultimate for an average of $12.50/month. That works for me, especially when the alternatives are paying around $800 (plus tax!) on eBay for just the console or crossing my fingers and hoping to get lucky.
All that said, I’m generally on board with the sentiment that both Walmart and credit card companies suck and aren’t trustworthy. I’m fortunate that I can just pay off the financing and I understand that isn’t true for everyone and that I don’t have to worry about hidden costs that may arise.
For some people, this is an excellent way to get a Series X.

Jan 8, 2022
It's OK unless you have an issue with the console. I did it to get one for my son's Christmas. Xbox was DOA. Support said take it back where you bought it, so back to Best Buy we went. Their only solution was a refund and take your chances on getting another one when/if they come back in stock. The problem is, they only refund for the console. So you're stuck with the bill for the all access even though you no longer have a console and may not be able to get another one. Not to mention, Christmas sucked.