Solved! Xbox One and Rocksmith - Optical Audio Issue

MasterChief86

Estimable
Dec 13, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if I got it right, but my optical audio isn't really providing an output from TV. Sorry if my question is dumb. I've been playing Rocksmith 2014 over Xbox One for nearly 7 months now but the inout delay really gets on my nerves which makes me play some other game. I did buy an optical cable because of the tut featured on the game's intro and over the game's cover (i have a hard copy). I tried going into the settings but when i switch to optical out, it totally deprives of sound. I've checked my cables thoroughly. The tuts over YT don't help much either.

Also, can anyone tell me why is it that my the optical cable's end that goes into the TV comes out just perfectly while for the end that I insert inside the console, it always get stuck.

Thanks.

Solution
The optical connection on your TV is most likely an audio output not an input so you can't connect the Xbox One that way.
HDMI handles both audio and video to your TV, If you are using a different video output there will be two RCA jacks for analog audio associated with that input on the TV.
The tolerances for the molded pieces that hold the optical cable are probably not very high so they fit differently in different pieces of equipment. Since there are no electrical connections it doesn't affect the function. Get a better cable if it bothers you.
The optical connection on your TV is most likely an audio output not an input so you can't connect the Xbox One that way.
HDMI handles both audio and video to your TV, If you are using a different video output there will be two RCA jacks for analog audio associated with that input on the TV.
The tolerances for the molded pieces that hold the optical cable are probably not very high so they fit differently in different pieces of equipment. Since there are no electrical connections it doesn't affect the function. Get a better cable if it bothers you.

Solution

MasterChief86

Estimable
Dec 13, 2016

xbox_one_setup_diagram.png

It's something like this... but i don't have a separate speaker or sound system so i plug the other end in the TV and thought it would or should work.