Xbox One Units Now On Display in Microsoft Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Yawwwwn. Reminds me of my first VCR from 1984 - (Google images) mitsubishi-electric timeline 1986 VCR nz (Should be the very first image). Except it was $400 and was cooler looking, it actually was the 80s and it didn't overheat.

Oh yeah... are there Microsoft stores in the USA?

The XBone is a boring unimaginative product from a boring unimaginative company that is managed by boring unimaginative people.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
^^^sony must give it to your backside real good.

seriously, what is with this mindless company loyalty/hate? people continue to do it, even though it is possibly the dumbest thing you can waste your time on. they changed their policies on used games, and it still has an amazing feature set. you've never operated one, yet it overheats? based on what knowledge?

and yes, there are microsoft stores in the US.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Belardo, stop beating around the bush, there's no need to hide behind innuendo and hyperbole, just come out and say what you really think about Microsoft because honestly, I think you are holding back

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I don't own ANY Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 consoles.

But I will be buying a new console since PC gaming with AAA titles is almost nil or with console quality graphics, DRM, etc.. etc. Win8 blows, they treat us - their customers like criminals. So okay Back_on_demand.... Microsoft SUCKS.

Nothing I said about the Xbox1 is wrong. Its a stupid looking thing. The name is lame (I love the HTC One, but also think the "one" part is silly). This is the 3rd xbox... and MS couldn't come up with something else? Hell, Apple is stupid for calling all new iPads "iPads"- Generation.... 3rd, 4th.... which again, is lazy and stupid.

How MS is operating is proof of their inability to produce anything. But hey, I'm not against the xboxOne ever coming out and people buying it... buy what you want.

We'll see in a year where things stand... and to many of us, Microsoft has been doing a great job burning all their bridges.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
It's about the size of a standalone blu-ray player. Comes with headset and Kinect 2. Playstation 4's camera unit is simply a camera and mic for video communications and costs $60. No voice commands through the PS4 unit. No game controls through the PS4 camera. Why is it $60?

Sony used to be a premier company but has been sucking for a decade. I doubt a game console is going to put them back on track.

HyperionLight

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
@belardo
“The XBone is a boring unimaginative product from a boring unimaginative company that is managed by boring unimaginative people.”

Lol because the ps4 design is so unimaginably better right? And btw what’s the name of Microsofts console….oh yeah it’s X BOX…do you need further clarification on that?
And “them” about being “unimaginative people”…lol. What exactly did Sony do differently this time around? They put out a ps3 with better specs well bravo to those geniuses at Sony HQ that’s some serious imagination right there.
And oh the ps4 is slanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG! /s

At least MS made the kinect and Nintendo made the wii mote and now the gamepad/tablet so what exactly would you consider to be the innovative thing that Sony made (by themselves)...and on that note lol at the “unimaginative people” thing, when all they (Sony) do is copy other companies.

HyperionLight

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
@belardo
“The XBone is a boring unimaginative product from a boring unimaginative company that is managed by boring unimaginative people.”

Lol because the ps4 design is so unimaginably better right? And btw what’s the name of Microsofts console….oh yeah it’s X BOX…do you need further clarification on that?
And “them” about being “unimaginative people”…lol. What exactly did Sony do differently this time around? They put out a ps3 with better specs well bravo to those geniuses at Sony HQ that’s some serious imagination right there.
And oh the ps4 is slanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG! /s

At least MS made the kinect and Nintendo made the wii mote and now the gamepad/tablet so what exactly would you consider to be the innovative thing that Sony made (by themselves)...and on that note lol at the “unimaginative people” thing, when all they (Sony) do is copy other companies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
@HyperionLight
Yes, the PS4 is better. Yeah, both consoles are about 95% the same in hardware capability. The software and management is vastly different. MS tried to rape their customers, in which many have punch MS in the nuts. Compare 2 cars: latest Corvette and a Lamborghini. Both drive well over 175MPH. But only is worth over $300,000 - the other south of $60,000. Yet, both are bad-asses.

Yes, the slant is better... The PS4 is almost half the size of the XBO. It has an internal PSU -vs the usual brick. It has a faster CPU (slightly), GPU (more so), Memory (vastly so) and its $100 less.

There are a lot of factors on how well a product does.
- Features
- Performance
- Timing
- Price
- Support
- Product design

The "oh yeah it’s X BOX & Slant" statements are silly. Do you recall a certain lawsuit by Apple about selling a rectangle with rounded corners? The texture and materials, colors can make or break a cell phone in being successful.

The Samsung Galaxy II~IV are pretty much the same looking cheap-glossy plastic thing. The HTC ONE blows it out of water in design and effort. Or how about last generation of phones? The SGS3, HTC OneX, Motorola AtrixHD, LG, SONY, etc - they all were built with 90%+ the same function, feature set and performance. Yet the pricing of these phone were from $50~200.

I went with the AtrixHD because (A) sick of Samsungs piss-poor GPS and I hate the way it feels in my hand (I don't use protective cases) (B) I like the shape and its textures - its solid. Sony's phone uses metal, but it always felt a bit cold and the covers on the USB port bothered me. The HTC OneX was in first place - but in reviews, the texture elements rub off and I *DON'T* like the power button placement at the top. The AtrixHD Camera is crap - but I wanted a phone I would like to use and it has a car-dock which I wanted.

Samsung spent the most on advertising, sold the SGS3 like hot cakes. HTC OneX is second. The others get almost no market share. The Atrix is regulated as a $1 phone within 6 months or so, yet its performance is on par with the SGS3 which was $200 until a few weeks before the S4 shipped.

xbo1 is doomed because its an ugly box (besides, the real XBOX 1 was barely a box, the 360 was not a box) which originally came with "services rules" that gamers rejected. They broke their trust with gamers and people were fired. Including Ballmer!

Other than HALO, there is no real reason to buy an Xbox1. Some of the exclusives are no longer exclusives. Minecraft, for example.

Look no further than the Wii-U. Its a sexy and cute little console. Its bombing. Why?
1 - Features : A complicated and expensive tablet controller which is a bit too big for kids.
But even worse, it lacks features: DVD and Blu-Ray playback that the PS3 has.
2 - Performance : Its a NEW console with 7 year old performance.
3 - Timing : Its a year old, but a year earlier would have helped.
4 - Price : the WORST offender. Its $300~350?! No HD. Compared to the $200~250 PS3. (OUCH)
5 - Support : very limited titles and 3rd party support because of the problems 1~4.
6 - Product Design : Looks good. Not enough to sell at that price. The name is stupid.

The Wii-U fails because its over-priced. Nintendo should have simply updated and kept the same controllers. Then sell the console for $200. By todays standards, its only worth $150 tops, new since you can get a PS3 for $200.

There are many people who already know they will never buy an xboxOne... ever!

And yes, I don't like microsoft. They helped kill PC gaming. So why should I feed the hand that hits me? I'm going SONY.

grimtriad

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Spec's aren't everything. Until the systems are compared side by side, the Spec's are meaningless. Sony's played this game before and they supposedly crushed the specs for the Dreamcast. And yet, everyone I knew with a Dreamcast that traded up for the "better" PS2 preferred the Dreamcast because it's architecture was superior, it's controller felt better, and the games looked better and played better than the ridiculously hard to code for PS2. It wasn't until VERY late in the life of that system that it finally caught up to what the Dreamcast did at launch.

Both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 have better specs than the Wii, but the Wii won this console generation with the Xbox 360 just recently catching up.

So, until you have both products side by side playing games that have been optimized for each system, you "know" exactly dick about how one system will perform against another. What you're doing is theory crafting based on some supposed numbers because you're assuming they're using the same terminology for their components. But let me ask you this. If GDR5 is so much better than DDR3, why are the highest end PC's still built using DDR3? More so, spec's are pointless. Consoles are sold on EXCLUSIVES. It's all about the games and features of the system. If Microsoft has the games that you desperately want to play, you'll own an Xbox 1 as well.

Same goes for the PS4. If they get an exclusive must have title (oddly Wii Sports did this for Nintendo) then people will buy that system. In the end, I think both systems are pretty unremarkable and Nintendo realizes this as well. They're planning on having Zelda, Mario, and Metroid all out for this holiday season so I wouldn't be surprised if Wii U picks up the title while the fanboi's are fighting over "Specs".

_WAter_

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The Wii had better hardware sales at first. While it remains much higher than the 360/PS3 with over 100m units vs about 80 each for the PS3/360 - there are differences in titles and 3rd party support and targeted market. When I look on the shelf in the game stores... Wii is small.

Also, consider the price. $200 vs $400~600 for the 360~PS3.

Since the specs of the 8th gen consoles are very much the same (WiiU is 7th), the specs are NOT the main driving force of one vs the other. But the DDR5 memory (we're talking video not system memory) is a big deal.

Since both are being released before DEC 1st.... they are on equal marketing position vs the 360's 12 month head start. The $100 lower price is going to help. The MS major mis-steps are going to help PS4 sales.

The XBox1 deserves to fail.

Hey, we'll know 12 months from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.