Review Xbox Series S review: The little console that could

Sep 12, 2021
You are, unfortunately, mistaken with your comment claiming USB-C is somehow faster than USB-A. USB-C/A are physical ports that carry a variety of USB standards. The XBOX Series S utilizes USB 3.2. The speed would be the same regardless of what size or shape the actual port is.

I do understand that it's common to see USB 3+ peripherals with USB-C as the connector - and in that sense there is a limitation. But speed is not a direct limitation.

Jun 18, 2022
Please, please, please remind people that the Series S needs a relatively fast internet connection. I have a 7yo and he got an Xbox Series S for Christmas. Thanks to AT&T and their shoddy service and total lack of concern for those who live in rural areas, he cried for a week because he couldn't play Minecraft. The speed here is 6 down and like 1 up, IF they can keep the service running. I didn't even know what all these consoles and games were about til my boy was five. But even a 5yo can't know all the things so we had no idea that without the ability to use a disc and with speed that sucked so bad, it would take 2 &1/2 days to get a game.

StuML5nm11TNclcsPs

Commendable
Aug 3, 2021
Well we don’t need to be too precious, this is a budget games machine, yes you do need to have a good internet connection, I’ve got 850Mb/s over wifi 6, fibre to the home, usb c would have been good, but a usb a, to c cable will suffice. My confession, is that I’m using it for YouTube, so I want Wi-Fi 6, not Wi-Fi 5, faster ram, gddr 6, not gddr 5, faster flash, than on my Xbox One X, the chip might pull lower teraflops than my One X. But it will do so, using less power, more quickly, on the less demanding tasks, I’m going to ask it to perform.

For most of my streaming, I’m going to be using my Apple TV, with A15 chip, 15 billion transistors, in 5nm, 16 tflops in machine learning, 128GB of flash, for half of the price. What I noticed recently, was that I could factory reset my Mac mini M1 (16 billion transistors in 5nm,) faster than my mini computer, with a Ryzen 7 (10 billion transistors, in 7nm,) and 32GB of ram. Usually it takes much longer to factory reset the Mac, but they’ve learned to use the unified (on chip die,) memory 8GB of ram and the PCIe4 flash, in the most recent software update. I think the situation will be the same, with the Xbox Series S, less but faster ram, less but faster flash, faster internet, faster but less capacity processor and graphics, I got my Xbox Series S, on a Black Friday discount and with finance.

For my purposes, it will function, quite a bit better than the One X, less bottlenecks, faster short and long term memory, a newer chip, so faster booting up, faster factory reset. Again, I have to admit, I don’t use the controller, I use the remote, like a TV remote, fingers crossed, when it gets, to my post office.