News Xbox Series X leak is disaster for biggest game — and good news for PS5

Aug 24, 2020
Does everything need to be so dramatic? Is this what the media really is now? All click bait articles? I mean come on, it's one frigging game in the lifecycle of a console that hasn't even begun. There are literally thousands of games to play out there yet one game is a "disaster" for Xbox? Get a grip on reality. The system will sell with or without Halo.

Aug 24, 2020
It's questionable whether the target audience for Microsoft's new gen hardware is the kind of audience who's purchasing decisions were influenced by Halo Infinite in the first place. I suspect Microsoft would see the delay as being more problematic for Game Pass; it would impact the cheaper points of entry into their service, namely Xbox One S, Xcloud and PC (assuming you already have one), which apparently they will continue to push in the next phase.

Cheaper options generally outsell more expensive ones, so this delay presents a much broader issue for Microsoft in that regard, but perhaps it might not impact their new top model, given that its intended target audience was very narrow to begin with.

Aug 25, 2020
Does everything need to be so dramatic? Is this what the media really is now? All click bait articles? I mean come on, it's one frigging game in the lifecycle of a console that hasn't even begun. There are literally thousands of games to play out there yet one game is a "disaster" for Xbox? Get a grip on reality. The system will sell with or without Halo.

I agree with your sentiment. Tom's Guide, over the years went from an Anandtech rip off, to a solid competitor, and now is degenerating into something like Express UK and other lame click bait sites. Maybe it's a generational problem? Maybe you can't get a millennial to click on anything that isn't click bait?