Xbox Series X vs. Xbox Series S: Which Xbox should you buy?

gmk2311

Honorable
Sep 12, 2018
Being that I am totally enamored with the Xbox series S and its 1440 resolution, I just want to purchase the perfectly compatible TV that has 1440 native resolution. I don't want upscaling or downscaling.
Also it seems that the series S units are readily available EVERYWHERE unlike the series X and PS5. I'm so lucky!!
I want something relatively new, around 65" size.
Can someone please direct me to a recent TV model that has 1440 native resolution please. (Also, built-in roku would be nice)
Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
May 3, 2021
Being that I am totally enamored with the Xbox series S and its 1440 resolution, I just want to purchase the perfectly compatible TV that has 1440 native resolution. I don't want upscaling or downscaling.
Also it seems that the series S units are readily available EVERYWHERE unlike the series X and PS5. I'm so lucky!!
Can someone please direct me to a recent TV model that has 1440 native resolution please. (Also, built-in roku would be nice)
Thanks a bunch!
1920x1080 is "2k" for tv sets
2560x1440 is QHD or Quad HD which is more common for pc monitors and not used in TVs
3840x2160 is your consumer "4k" or UHD

Feb 4, 2023
Thanks a bunch!
Well the good news is the price of TVs has come down to a pretty reasonable level. When I first started working and was able to get my first HD tv (a want that came from a house that a few friends shared, that was a total bachelor pad, the roommates all had 55 or better plasma(ok laugh) TVs and seeing the 360 display on these gigantic TV's in rooms way to small was nothing shy of beautiful.) So black Friday is here I planned to get a 50 inch zenith plasma for 1,000 American dollars. Dude at circuit city(ok laugh again) was a butt puppet and it didn't happen. End up at Walmart getting a 32 inch 720 Sanyo and this was a deal and the TV was beautiful in comparison to my previous brick o junk. Years down the line I now have Xbox one and PS4 and I just got a place of my own with a crap ton of best buy gift cards from various wedding gifts. I get a 60 inch 3D LED Samsung 1080P(years ago I'm playing series x on it as we speak) when I got it people would come by and bitch that my tv display was to good. The screen space and speed improved my skill in call of duty. No regrets but that tv was a couple grand. Now head down to any electronic store USA and you can get a 4K tv that will dookies on my Samsung for a fraction of what I paid. Used to be once you went above 60 inch you were shellling out big money for the jump to 65, 70, 80(better sell a kidney) now not so much. So shop around, determine your want within a tv and you can get a dope the for a great price. I had planned to get a series s when they became readily available at best buy down the street. Rolled in ready to purchase and what do you know they had a fresh shipment of series x. If left with the choice between the 2 the X is a much better value(opinion yes) hard drive space alone, you want to save any new gen games and you are locked in to a choice of one hard drive and it is not cheap. You ever want to watch a Blu ray or play an older title you have on disc the series s won't do none of that old skill stuff. Plus the X is faster, better graphical capabilities, reduced loaf times. And it looks like a subwoofer for a desktop surround sound system from the early 00's so how can you lose. In any event happy x boning.