XIDAX XM-6 Upgrade Compatability

KroolYouTube

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Can I upgrade a XIDAX XM-6 that has a dedicated GTX 765m GPU? I'm looking at buying a new 1050m GPU for my laptop. I contacted the customer support of Xidax to get reassurance on this and the expert there said no, but is he just saying that so i'd dump another $2000 on a new laptop from them? I hear people saying you can upgrade a dedicated GPU and then some say you cant..

ffg7

Distinguished
talk to the seller to see if still have the manual & also check online including XIDAX to see if can find that manual. the manual will show what panel(s) to access ram, hard drive & maybe videocard.

KroolYouTube

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
That is a new chassis version, I have an older one that could use some newer parts. When I contacted XIDAX about the older chassis and it's upgrades, they said I can't upgrade my dedicated 765m. But I'm not sure if they just want me to fork another 2 grand on a new chassis with a 960m in it when I can buy a 1050m by itself and replace my 765m for ~$150

KroolYouTube

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
I had bought this off from someone else that had used it, I don't ever remember receiving a manual. My CPU card is an i7-4800MQ. When I spoke to the tech support rep he had told me the reason why I can't replace the dedicated GPU is because on my chassis it's actually on the motherboard, but I'm really not convinced that's the case

ffg7

Distinguished
talk to the seller to see if still have the manual & also check online including XIDAX to see if can find that manual. the manual will show what panel(s) to access ram, hard drive & maybe videocard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roxboy Laptop Tech Support 0
Connoru Laptop Tech Support 6
J Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 14
N Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 0
deadsteampunk11 Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0