Xotic PC legitimacy?

Sebastian Garrubbo

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Hey guys,

I was looking at XoticPCs website, and they claim that they have good customer service and they do QA testing and all that before it gets shipped to the consumer. However, I was looking at their reseller ratings (Xotic PC Reviews - xoticpc.com Ratings at ResellerRatings), and although the vast majority is 5 stars there are at least 15 one stars. They all complain that the laptop they received was broken and that the service they received was below par. All the one-star ratings complain about extreme flaws and terrible customer service, which makes me wonder if all the 5 star ratings are real or not.

On top of this, there are a great many users who began with one star reviews, only to edit them and make them 4 star reviews. All of these show Xotics representative responding and apologizing, promising to contact them and work out the issues. Then, the reviewer edits their review and thanking Xotic for the excellent customer service and raving about the new laptop they received. They then re-rate to 4 or 5 stars. My problem with this is that it seems like the consumer has to write a harsh review in order to get the excellent customer service Xotic offers. Again, this is seen in many cases on the review thread.

My question is,
Is XoticPC legit? Are all those 5 star reviews real? Is the service actually good? Its very hard to tell due to the sharp contrast between the one and 5 star reviews, and I dont want to order from them unless I'll receive a fully functioning product without having to complain.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

PS: The laptop I plan to purchase if they are legit would be the MSI GS60 Ghost

Solution
It's completely different question if you buy custom-build PC, but You're buying a laptop, and you can get it from a many other retailers, why you would go to unknown store?

Check what these reviews are for - ready-made products where Xotic are just reseller, or their own build, and only after that draw conclusions.
It's completely different question if you buy custom-build PC, but You're buying a laptop, and you can get it from a many other retailers, why you would go to unknown store?

Check what these reviews are for - ready-made products where Xotic are just reseller, or their own build, and only after that draw conclusions.

Solution