Xoticpc vs Ibuypower -- reliability

michaell308

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
I've already chosen the laptop I want, but now I need help choosing where I should get it from. Xoticpc has the Sager NP6658 (http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np6658-clevo-w650sj-p-6994.html) while Ibuypower has the Battalion 101 W650SJ (http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Battalion-101-W650SJ-Gaming-Laptop).
With xoticpc I get a "FREE WiFi Upgrade - Intel® Dual Band AC 7260" and I would pay for the processor upgrade to the "i7-4810MQ" as well as pay for Windows 8.
With ibuypower I get the same processor upgrade for free, a free upgrade to g.skill memory, a free upgrade to 1 TB 7200rpm Super Slim Laptop Hard Drive, a free Turtle Beach Z1 Headset, a free McAfee Antivirus PLUS 2014, a free Genius GX-Speed Gaming Mouse Pad, and a free Universal Travel Power Adaptor.
The overall price for xoticpc would be $1002 while the price from ibuypower would be $1009. I haven't heard of either of them, but have read some bad reviews about ibuypower so I'm worried about buying from them. Is ibuypower reliable? Should I just skip out on the free stuff and go with xoticpc instead to avoid possible problems?
I'd appreciate any input, thanks.

Solution
Here's my personal take on iBuyPower, from what I have read, much of iBuyPower's negative feedback comes from their "Standard PSU" (CyberPowerPC suffers this also) which is a below average performing (I'm being nice) PSU in their desktop models. I have not come across any truly negative reviews for their laptops. Personally here, I think I would go for the iBuyPower model with it's extras
Here's my personal take on iBuyPower, from what I have read, much of iBuyPower's negative feedback comes from their "Standard PSU" (CyberPowerPC suffers this also) which is a below average performing (I'm being nice) PSU in their desktop models. I have not come across any truly negative reviews for their laptops. Personally here, I think I would go for the iBuyPower model with it's extras

Solution
Hi :)

If you have any questions, let me know!

I'm definitely aware of our negative reviews, usually in regards to our desktops. There are usually issues during shipping, parts dying, and a lot of varying factors that is sometimes hard to control, but they're still legitimate concerns. :(

As for our laptops, I've yet to hear any complaints (that I know of) and negative reviews. Since we're not building the laptop from scratch and we're just adding customization, the builds are generally more reliable and less likely to face any issues.