Xp X10---is the battery going to die?

tohoho

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
I got a sony erricsson Xperia X10 for over a year and now the battery life become awful. If I plugged it in through night then unpluged it at 7 am, but it was about to 0% by 11 am and I was getting a warn to recharge it. This has been really awful. I don't use it as my basic phone already so there are only several apps on the phone. The email wasn't set to push and i only refresh the emails when i want to check them, so its saving some battery, I have done the same with facebook, and the weather. These are the only apps on my X10. I was told to get a new battery probabaly a mpj one.
Wondering whether the battery is the culprit and my stock one is going to die completely?

Solution
constant recharge cycles are hard on batteries. batteries perform best when filled then drained completely and filled again.

smartphone tend to be plugged in every single time we can manage it to "top off" which in some types of batteries can give them a memory. some other types are not so affected.

its not uncommon for batteries to perform as you stated. my own droid incredible is about 2-3 years old now and the battery barely lasts a day even if i dont use it much. getting a new battery is the only way to solve the problem. i would buy one on amazon since its going to be cheaper than going with one from the cell phone store.
constant recharge cycles are hard on batteries. batteries perform best when filled then drained completely and filled again.

smartphone tend to be plugged in every single time we can manage it to "top off" which in some types of batteries can give them a memory. some other types are not so affected.

its not uncommon for batteries to perform as you stated. my own droid incredible is about 2-3 years old now and the battery barely lasts a day even if i dont use it much. getting a new battery is the only way to solve the problem. i would buy one on amazon since its going to be cheaper than going with one from the cell phone store.

Solution

panker

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
A new battery should save your problem, however, you'd better be careful with some of the batteries without brandname. They can be iffy may not hold a charge even well as the stock battery. My friend got one battery from ebay out there that not good.

honestly it all depends. sometimes not having a brandname can be better.

batteries for my cannon camera were going for $30-40 brand new so i took a chance and got two batteries for $15 (at least they are made in japan not china!) and they work out better than the original.