Y560 hingle broken!!

krishnamohan

Honorable
May 19, 2012
i just noticed my laptop cracks when i open it and so i took a clooser look at hingles, and noticed left hingle is kinda loose and it lays directly on cable..
so i think something went wrong in there, i did not jump on my laptop or throw it down on ground, i've been carefull with it since the first day and i cant belive how this happened ?! :smileyfrustrated:

i searched a bit and saw few more people had same problem, so now my question is is it going to be big trouble fixing this hingle and am i going to wait for 20 days for it to get fixed, and does warranty cover this? i repeat i did not do any physical damage to laptop, it didnt fall it didnt hit somewhere, it just happened, probably while opening/closeing the lid :smileyfrustrated:

it how most of the laptop use plastic parts and metal ones.the hinge itself on most laptops are metal but there screwed into a plastic base. you want to call and rma it as soon as you can. if that cable gets cut or shorted it can short out your lcd screen.
you have to get a nice csr person most laptop company will say that from use and try to charge you for the repair..

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hey krishnamohan,
Like smorizio said. You should probably send it back to get fixed. Whether or not your warranty covers it all depends on when and where you got it. And if you bought an extended warranty, or a 3rd pary warranty such as Geek Squad.

Lenovo offers an ADP service, which is Accidental Damage Protection- If your laptop is insured with ADP. Then Lenovo should take it without charging you anything besides shipping the laptop to them.