Yahoo! CEO Bartz Freaks Out About Leaked Memos

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I wonder if all-worldwide@yahoo.com is a legitimate company wide list and, if so, what kind of lame 'security' it would use to validate who is sending to the list.

G

Why doesn't she just set the permission of her email to "do not forward"
I use all the time in my Outlook 2007. Sort of basic stuff.

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]calvin97[/nom]Why doesn't she just set the permission of her email to "do not forward"I use all the time in my Outlook 2007. Sort of basic stuff.[/citation]
Even more basic stuff would be using the ole' copy & paste, which not even Outlook 2007 could stop.

And if that fails, there's always the option for screenshots.

MonkeyHood

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
And what's to stop them from copying the e-mail? permissions do jack. If they can't copy the e-mail (IDK why) screen shot the thing and paste it together.

G

well all the good IT solution sales people should go there and ask whether they need DLP? LOL

G

She should be embarrassed as she obviously failed grammar: "worked so quickly to get Judy and I up and running" should be Judy and me.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Leaking of company internal memo should be viewed the same as leaking national secrete. Too many people are using leaks to buy off journalists.

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Leaking company internal DATA or PLANS should be viewed [almost] the same as leaking national secrets. Leaking an internal memo from your boss may be grounds for termination, but is not like selling the plans for solid-rocket booster engines to the Chinese.

G

I did it. I confess. Just tired of over zealous, bitchy females with no clue thinking they are superior to everyone including God, wanting to run things. To bad she is just a pathetic blonde product of an elitist society.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I believe this lady came from Autodesk, she was their CEO for a long time if I'm correct.

Now after hearing this, especially the part about dropkicking someone to Mars, she sounds like a lunatic.

In her defense I can understand why she's upset. The bounty hunt idea sounds grand, they should have public lynchings too while they're at it...

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The movement for respect for women in the workplace just took a major nosedive. Way to go Carol!! Maybe she'll give regular updates about her periods as well.

If my CEO sent out company wide emails like that, I'd quit because there's rough waters ahead.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
To be honest it just seems like she's wigging out a little at the prospect of taking on the huge job at hand over at Yahoo!

Still, not a very level-headed way of going about things. She sounds like she definitely needs to be a little more chilled out.

G

@ masterbwanabwana

Until recently, "Judy and me" was considered bad grammar, the correct way was "Judy and I".

Still s**ts me to tears hearing "blah blah blah and me"

Status
Not open for further replies.