Yahoo CEO Blames Bio Scandal on Executive Placement Firm

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
so he worked in tech for years... he is qualified.

id tell that company to stuff it, and if they pull stock, tell them why they pulled, because a company with 8% wanted to control the board.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Okay. I was forgiving before. This guy is full of excrement if this account is accurate. I think he needs to go. Quietly please. ...just go.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Wait a minute, first you lied when you put false information on a resume that is supposed to earn you respect; and second, now after a botched apology you now blame someone else for a goof that should have been corrected years ago?! I really hope you get fired you BUM!

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Yahoo? What's that? Nobody uses Yahoo anymore, that company has been in the sewer for years. Just look at the yearly lay offs every year for the past half decade. (2012) - 2000 employees, (2011) - 150, (2010) - 700, (2009) - 600, (2008) - 1000 (all averaged numbers according to various articles, but you get the point). The company sucks and they keep trying to restructure to save their butts.

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
=== After he took his role at PayPal, this document was supposedly used to create a public profile. He conveniently didn't review the bio, nor any of the copies that have appeared since -- including the one displayed on Yahoo. ===

Is he really responsible for monitoring the Internet to make sure any document claiming to be his resume, posted anywhere, by anybody, is 100% accurate? That's impossible. Besides, why would he even think of doing that? How many of us have done it, ever?

aevm

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]Yahoo? What's that? Nobody uses Yahoo anymore, that company has been in the sewer for years. [/citation]

Their shares have indeed been in the sewer, but a lot of good companies did the same.
Look at Cisco for example, -40% since 2008 (compared to Yahoo's -50%). AMD and NVDA did just like YHOO over the last 5 years (ironically, I'm using Yahoo charts to make these comparisons, e.g. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=5y&s=YHOO&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=AMD&ql=1)
It's the lousy global economy, not so much the companies themselves.

Personally, I do still like Yahoo's e-mail, portfolio and stock charts. I've used them for 16 years.

Integr8d

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
Pay attention to what aladin is saying. "activist hedge fund Third Point founder Daniel Loeb" is also on the Yahoo board. He wants at least four people on the board replaced with his people.

spookie

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
if he is doing a good job then ig would be realy stupid. Work experience is worth more than a degree. They might need to adjust his sallary though

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]spookie[/nom]if he is doing a good job then ig would be realy stupid. Work experience is worth more than a degree. They might need to adjust his sallary though[/citation]
Its the degree that's an issue. I degree...it has no importance in his current position. However, the issue IS that not only did he lie or remain negligently ignorant about his public bio, but he hasn't taken any responsibility for his actions or offered corrective action.

...not exactly the kind of person that is best for leading a troubled company, eh?

G

Daniel Loeb sounds like a dick. imagine having someone like that around you at work. i imagine him to be some little weasel with the personality of a squashed frog.

G

Liars such as Thompson should find a job in Washington DC or Wall Street, not in Silicon Valley. Oh, wait, in his word, silly-con-artist.

nelsonngyw

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
To: The Management, Board of Directors, and Mr Scott Thompson of Yahoo,

I hereby declare that I will boycott whichever website that has affiliation with Yahoo, and this include Yahoo.com itself.

Even a blind person can tell that Mr Scott Thompson is not being truthful and is a coward is not accepting responsibility for his botched bio. Though he claims someone else makes the mistake, as a CEO, he needs to show responsibility. Moreover, his bio is HIS own responsibility. The more he tries to sideline it, the more shady it gets.

This is one of the prime reasons why Yahoo's fortune is waning. Having a leader who failed to show responsibility and true leadership will lead Yahoo to nowhere. Time for the board and management to wake up!

Regards,

G

Who cares what people have done for school, its job he got hired for and had nothign to do with his degree, why do any of you give a shit? honestly you are just complaining to complain.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I admire the man. He did what everyone should do when there's a problem. The first step is to find a scapegoat, and then throw them under the bus. If you can't do something that simple, then you shouldn't be CEO. If you don't do it well, you shouldn't be CEO. So, this is a good test for him.

I think he should blame someone else too, and make it part of the whole structure of his defense. It can't hurt really. Pyramid lying is difficult, but considering how much money these guys make, I think the stockholders have a right to expect them to be skilled at this type of thing. And again, if he can't lie, or squirm his way out of this with aplomb, maybe he's not the right material to be the CEO.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]I admire the man. He did what everyone should do when there's a problem. The first step is to find a scapegoat, and then throw them under the bus. If you can't do something that simple, then you shouldn't be CEO. If you don't do it well, you shouldn't be CEO. So, this is a good test for him. I think he should blame someone else too, and make it part of the whole structure of his defense. It can't hurt really. Pyramid lying is difficult, but considering how much money these guys make, I think the stockholders have a right to expect them to be skilled at this type of thing. And again, if he can't lie, or squirm his way out of this with aplomb, maybe he's not the right material to be the CEO.[/citation]
Brilliant...really.

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
[citation][nom]haley_06[/nom]my classmate's sister makes $88/hr on the internet. She has been fired from work for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $21668 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site lazycash42.c()m[/citation]

even if this were true which we all know it's not she would have had to work on average 8.2 hours per day for 30 days (246hr) to make $21668 @ $88p/h

Status
Not open for further replies.