Yahoo! CEO: Google is 90% Search. That's a Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
"To be 20 percent grower, which is what they have to be to be interesting, they have to grow a Yahoo! a year. I don't know why you thought that was so derogatory."

what??

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]"To be 20 percent grower, which is what they have to be to be interesting, they have to grow a Yahoo! a year. I don't know why you thought that was so derogatory."what??[/citation]

She's saying that for Google to be an interesting company from an investor's perspective, it would have to grow 20% a year. 20% growth would be roughly equal to the size of Yahoo!.

So, in a sense, it could be taken as a compliment. Meaning, Google is so huge that to grow at an exciting rate is difficult because they're so big to begin with. But, what makes it a bit derogatory is her implication that Google will struggle to do this. So, in a sense, she's probably implying the stock price of Google is high as it assumes a level of growth that's unsustainable.

In reality, it could be taken either way.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]seriousazn[/nom]Why is she giving tips to another company? o_O[/citation]
Exactly, especially when that other company is a booming success and the company she runs, which is a competitor to the other company, is sinking fast.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Google will grow with time; she obviously doesn't pay attention. Google is planning on offering Internet, as well as Cable. You think that won't attract a HUGE amount of customers? Google has a lot of experimental features in the testing phase, and it's just a matter of time.

Google will some day take over the world :)

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Why the hell would google need to grow 20% a year to excite investors!?

They are incredibly profitable, a household name, and are expanding into other areas, investors dont ask for more than that.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]restatement3dofted[/nom]I'm also good at saying things that don't make sense - can I be a CEO of a major company, too?[/citation]
yes! i promote you. Oh WAIT! that was a normal informative sentence. your fired

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I think she only knows how to navigate to the google homepage, doesnt search all the other various parts of googles property and range of use.

Who needs Yahoo's cluttered homepage.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
M'kay... Yahoo has chat, Google has chat. Yahoo has mail, google has mail. Yahoo has clunky bloated search interface, google is clean and you have to exert real effort to clutter up its interface. Now for reversal. Google has an operating system for cell phones that is competing well with iPhone, Yahoo has a nimrod CEO that talks out here ass. I could say the sky is red. No, seriously... The sky is red. There. I did it. Now, of course, you'll look out your window and realize it was just words.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
can you imagine if youtube never came?

i like google ALOT better than yahoo, from search engine to emails, etc. i cant remember the last time i typed in yahoo on my browser

Status
Not open for further replies.