Question Yahoo Email: I can only embed one image in an Email.

Apr 12, 2022
Yahoo.com Email (free version). On Laptop computer, running Windows 10.

So If I try to EMBED multiple images into the body of the text of the Email (not "attached' but In Line image), then only one image goes through after sending.

I keep the total MB well below 25 MB, and still only one image goes through. I have tried multiple browsers, and still the same problem. If I try an older (low quality picture e.g. 75 Kb) then I can embed multiple pictures, but if I try three 5 MB images, then only one goes through.

Even the "SENT" folder will show that only one was sent.

Google Email works just fine embedding the same three 5 MB photos. Also, I used my Yahoo App on Android phone, and it successfully embedded the same three photos.

I can "attach" the three photos just fine, but I wanted the in-line images to appear large, upon opening the Email (believe it or not, there are many people out there that are not computer-literate enough to download the attached photo, then find the download folder to view.)

I was wondering if there is some virus-filtering setting on yahoo which is screwing things up.

Apr 12, 2022
The issue is likely not a filtering concern, but a size of file/message limitation for embedding.

thanks for responding. I will keep experimenting. From what I have read, Yahoo mail allows up to 25 MB of total data to be attached or embedded as an in-line image, but obviously, that is not quite correct, at least for Windows 10 / browser-based Yahoo mail.

I just emailed (yahoo) myself a 16 MB photo. A single image as an in-line image. The photo did NOT get sent along with the email. Weird that the email does get sent, but simply without the image along with it lol.

I'm starting to wonder if my Webroot Secure Anywhere anti-virus might be causing an issue.

It seems weird that the yahoo app on android allows the embedding of 4 images (approximately 5 MB each) just fine, but if I try to send just 2 images (of about 5 MB each) only one images gets sent.

Obviously, Yahoo mail is limiting the amount of data that can be embedded as a single in-line image. I'm sure I can find the "sweet spot" where Yahoo allows for the sending of multiple images (maybe if I reduce the size of each image to approx. 3 MB each).

But why would I want to lower the quality of photos? I want people to receive the best quality images possible. lol.

weird stuff

Apr 12, 2022
Try using a browser in incognito/private/etc mode and see if it makes a difference. You can also disable your AV app for an experiment.

Hello, thanks for responding. I just tried disabling my anti-virus. It didn't help.

What I just did was reduce the size of 3 photos by 50%, and then I was able to embed all three photos and send them successfully.

I will try sending photos in a "private" browser window to see if that helps.

The yahoo app is the confusing thing. When you "attach" a photo in the yahoo mail app, it "attaches" it, as an in-line photo (you can have text around the photos), yet I can send full-size photos. So, it has the function of an in-line photo, but it is considered an "attached" photo, so therefore no size restriction??

Weird lol.

Apr 12, 2022
Try using a browser in incognito/private/etc mode and see if it makes a difference. You can also disable your AV app for an experiment.

Well, I tried sending an email using a Private browser window (incognito). No good. I embedded two photos, but only one was sent (as has been the problem).

so, unless I reduce the size of these photos by 50%, (not sure the exact percentage reduction needed), I can't embed more than one photo. So why the heck does the yahoo mail APP allow it?? lol.

I can't really complain, since it is FREE email service. I'm just kinda obsessive compulsive, and would like to solve the mystery.

Much of the reason I'm trying to solve this, is because of my 84-year old mother (and also her friends.....who are the email recipients )

It is easy for her to just "drag" a few photos into the text body of an email. But also for her friends ( recipients of her email), it would be better if the photos came through large (or larger), rather than a tiny thumbnail at the bottom of the mail, which you have to download.

I guess from now on, She will just have to drag the photos, then click on the photo and choose "send as attachment". OR, she could just use Google email, but she is used to Yahoo.