YAHOO HAS CURSED MY BROWSER! I have set chrome to default, ive even deleted every other browser option. ive uninstalled every

TerenceB

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
YAHOO HAS CURSED MY BROWSER! I have set chrome to default, ive even deleted every other browser option. ive uninstalled every YAHOO EVERYTHING ON MY PC. and yet when i click to open my chrome browser.. boom. yahoo search. BUT,, if open new tab beside it.. it is google like it should be. but yahoo comes up first every single time. please... please.. help me

Solution
Control Panel/Internet Options. When the Internet Properties window pops up, select the General Tab. That is where you can designate the home page.

TerenceB

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from TerenceB : "Please.. please help me with my browser.."

YAHOO HAS CURSED MY BROWSER! I have set chrome to default, ive even deleted every other browser option. ive uninstalled every YAHOO EVERYTHING ON MY PC. and yet when i click to open my chrome browser.. boom. yahoo search. BUT,, if open new tab beside it.. it is google like it should be. but yahoo comes up first every single time. please... please.. help me

dkulprit

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
All you have to do is go into your settings and set any other page IE google.com as your home page. Just because you set chrome as your default browser does not mean it changed the home page.

TerenceB

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
(so dkulprit, you are saying that.. there is something else besides what ive pasted here below..)
(something else besides changing the DEFAULT browser.. something separate.. that changes the "homepage"? is that right? or no..

To default to Google, here's how you do it:
Click the Tools icon at the far right of the browser window.
Select Internet options.
In the General tab, find the Search section and click Settings.
Select Google.
Click Set as default and click Close.
Make Google your homepage – Google
https://www.google.com/homepage/hp-ie10.htmlGoogle