Yahoo! in Talks With AOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Microsoft tried really hard to bail them out, and they refused.

Yahoo hooking up with f'n AOL?! That's like Anna Nicole Smith marrying that old rich guy that she knows was getting ready to die. Not a bad plan.

G

Dear Mr. Yang,

Just like to say you were right when you said MS did not offer fair value for Yahoo with the initial offer at $33/share.

As a result we would like to modify our bid to $25/share - should we send the offer to you or to Mr Icahn directly to save some time?

Sincerely,
Mr. Gates

P.S.: thanks for saving me billions - I'll pick up lunch next time! Good luck at the next board meeting.

P.P.S.: We still have the form letter rejection of our past bid that was prepared months in advance prior to our first offer (funny how that was, huh? almost as if you really never considered our offer?). If you'd like you can just say refer to previous rejection regardless of terms proposed or what is right for your stockholders who are the ACTUAL OWNERS of the company you are running into the ground.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Ahhh the losers unite. Thank God, maybe this way they will both drive each other to extinction, and leaner, more nimble players will fill the gaps they have left. Sucks for users that are so ingrained in either one or the other though...

Not saying the scary relentless growth of Google (which I think will own the planet Earth in a hundred years or so) or the enormous monolopistic coffers of Microsoft are the answer, but they certainly are more attractive given the competition. Who knows maybe even something useful will come out of this clusterf*ck.

wavebossa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
[citation][nom]jerryboy[/nom]Dear Mr. Yang,Just like to say you were right when you said MS did not offer fair value for Yahoo with the initial offer at $33/share. As a result we would like to modify our bid to $25/share - should we send the offer to you or to Mr Icahn directly to save some time? Sincerely,Mr. GatesP.S.: thanks for saving me billions - I'll pick up lunch next time! Good luck at the next board meeting.P.P.S.: We still have the form letter rejection of our past bid that was prepared months in advance prior to our first offer (funny how that was, huh? almost as if you really never considered our offer?). If you'd like you can just say refer to previous rejection regardless of terms proposed or what is right for your stockholders who are the ACTUAL OWNERS of the company you are running into the ground. [/citation]

QFT, this post pwns

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
[citation][nom]SuckRaven[/nom]Sucks for users that are so ingrained in either one or the other though...
Yeah, I'm one of those users deeply ingrained in Yahoo! services. I think they'll stay afloat and pull through, I just don't know if AOL is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.