Yahoo webmail virus? How to remove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP_1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
For the first time ever that I can remember, I seem to have a virus or something funny occurring with my Yahoo webmail, and which started tonight.

In the main Yahoo tab, which occurs at the top and left of the webmail homepage, I see my email address and how many email is unread. This never flashes, and is the same for all the different Yahoo webmail accounts that I have.

For some strange reason tonight, I have a perpetual flashing message - "lurlinedai0304 sent you a message" in this tab. All other virii that I have have presumably been captured by Yahoo antivirus, so this one is very strange.

Is this problem caused by a virus? If so, anyone here kindly able to tell me how to get rid of the pest. Normally, I am pretty clean in this, so this is new and troubling.

Thanks.

ATP_1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009

I poked around on my Yahoo webmail homepage, and examined the Online Applications section. Essentially, I found the list of contacts, and the ability to close it, or sign out (oops, didn't know it was on as I don't use it), which I did. The flashing has stopped, and things returned to normal. Problem solved!!

Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.