Y'all heard of Dell's Plasma?

JAS

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
34
0
18,580
0
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"JAS" <spin500@cox.net> wrote in news:Nb9De.76779$%Z2.74814@lakeread08:

> How can you tell anything without specs?
>
> <luvtopost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1121752599.824364.211560@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> Is this thing reliable compared to Fujitsu, Samsung,Panasonic, etc.?
>> I am just starting my research in getting an affordable but good one.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/plasma_w4
>> 200ed?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=viewstab#tabtop
>>
>
>
>

I noticed the same thing. I would gather from the price that it is an
enhanced display, and also the model number w200ed. The ed sticks out like
a sore thumb.

Nice of them not to tell you though.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I hate working on their computers, they wrap other peoples parts together
and call it their own, they must be doing the same thing with their tvs

"JAS" <spin500@cox.net> wrote in message
news:Nb9De.76779$%Z2.74814@lakeread08...
> How can you tell anything without specs?
>
> <luvtopost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1121752599.824364.211560@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> Is this thing reliable compared to Fujitsu, Samsung,Panasonic, etc.? I
>> am just starting my research in getting an affordable but good one.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/plasma_w4200ed?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=viewstab#tabtop
>>
>
>
 

THUMPer

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2004
261
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:21:24 -0400, "Gogordo" <no.address@none.com>
wrote:

>I hate working on their computers, they wrap other peoples parts together
>and call it their own, they must be doing the same thing with their tvs
>


Dell computers are top notch. All pc manufacturers use parts made by
others.
Thumper
>"JAS" <spin500@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:Nb9De.76779$%Z2.74814@lakeread08...
>> How can you tell anything without specs?
>>
>> <luvtopost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:1121752599.824364.211560@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>>> Is this thing reliable compared to Fujitsu, Samsung,Panasonic, etc.? I
>>> am just starting my research in getting an affordable but good one.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/plasma_w4200ed?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=viewstab#tabtop
>>>
>>
>>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:33:13 GMT Dave Solly <nope@here.com> wrote:
| luvtopost@yahoo.com wrote in
| news:1121811198.768156.101490@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
|
|> You guys mean this?
|>
|> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/plasma_w42
|> 00ed?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=specstab#tabtop
|>
|>
|
| Yep, the "specs" don't say what the resoluation is. Doesn't say if it's HD
| or ED. Only clue is "ED" at the end of the model number.

Which could mean what? That it can only do 720p directly, and downscans
1080i?

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Phil Howard KA9WGN | http://linuxhomepage.com/ http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/ http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:26:40 -0400 Thumper <jaylsmith@comcast.net> wrote:

| On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:21:24 -0400, "Gogordo" <no.address@none.com>
| wrote:
|
|>I hate working on their computers, they wrap other peoples parts together
|>and call it their own, they must be doing the same thing with their tvs
|>
|
|
| Dell computers are top notch. All pc manufacturers use parts made by
| others.

My experience has been that Dell is a bit above the others, but not
dramatically so. One place I worked at, the company bought a bunch
of Dell machines to replace "tired old" desktop machines. It came
with a new version of Windows that had problems with applications we
were running. But the old version of Windows that worked well with
the application did not install on the Dell machines. I did manage
to get Linux installed, except the network cards didn't have drivers
in Linux (it did a few months later). I just swapped out network
cards to get Linux working. Dell refused to support Win95 on the
machines. We had to re-install Win98 any time Dell was to come in
and work on the hardware. Over about a year, they did have to come
in for at least 20% of the machines. Not too bad, but not what I
would call top-notch. It was about the same as I'd seen from others
like Gateway and HP. Only Sun Microsystems knocked them all out in
reliability (we had a few of those, too). Those were definitely the
top-notch machines.

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Phil Howard KA9WGN | http://linuxhomepage.com/ http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/ http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote in news:dbllde21l8v@news4.newsguy.com:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:33:13 GMT Dave Solly <nope@here.com> wrote:
>| luvtopost@yahoo.com wrote in
>| news:1121811198.768156.101490@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>|
>|> You guys mean this?
>|>
>|> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/plasma_w
>|> 42 00ed?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=specstab#tabtop
>|>
>|>
>|
>| Yep, the "specs" don't say what the resoluation is. Doesn't say if
>| it's HD or ED. Only clue is "ED" at the end of the model number.
>
> Which could mean what? That it can only do 720p directly, and
> downscans 1080i?
>



It means the native resoulation is 480.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:34:17 GMT Dave Solly <nope@here.com> wrote:
| phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote in news:dbllde21l8v@news4.newsguy.com:
|
|> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:33:13 GMT Dave Solly <nope@here.com> wrote:
|>| luvtopost@yahoo.com wrote in
|>| news:1121811198.768156.101490@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
|>|
|>|> You guys mean this?
|>|>
|>|> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/plasma_w
|>|> 42 00ed?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=specstab#tabtop
|>|>
|>|>
|>|
|>| Yep, the "specs" don't say what the resoluation is. Doesn't say if
|>| it's HD or ED. Only clue is "ED" at the end of the model number.
|>
|> Which could mean what? That it can only do 720p directly, and
|> downscans 1080i?
|>
|
|
|
| It means the native resoulation is 480.

Even worse.

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Phil Howard KA9WGN | http://linuxhomepage.com/ http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/ http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
paulomatosao Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
Similar threads
Question Streaming Samsung TV to Dell laptop in windows 7
Sir, I have lg tv 32" with hdmi port and dell pc core 2 quard with gts 450 but not working the hdmi port what is the problem
my dell inspiron 5559 stutters while playing video on youtube. I use other friends internet it plays fine. What is going on?
I have a Dell monitor only that I want to use as a tv. Via the monitors hdmi port my Chromecast is plugged into I am able to
Solved! How do I connect my Dell Inspiron 15-3000 series to my Samsung Smart TV?
I am using hdmi converter to connect my dell laptop. It does not show any hdmi optionin sound system
Dell Inspiron 14r connectivity to HT-Z110 (Home theatre system)
Netflix Intro Sound Effect heard while watching YouTube on Samsung MU9000
How do i hook-up a ps4 to the dell inspiron 20?
My projector has no sound - the picture is perfect however no sound can be heard except on menu screen. Any suggestions?
Optical (video) out to Dell Monitor
Connect TV Decoder to Projector Dell 1800MP
I have a vizio 55in smart tv and i heard a noise the otheir night and the picture went off but have sound and the first day if
My 7years old plasma TV is not having any video but audio can be heard.
My LG smart tv blew out I was watching tv heard a pop the screen went black and smoke stared coming from the back of the tv ou
samsung pn50b450b1d heard a loud pop in back, then sounded like something fell inside the back, screen went black, has loud B
I have a 70something inch Mitsubishi TVI heard a loud pop and I lost my picture, but I still have sound. Can you help me? Pa
We have a mitsubishi DLP tv. We heard a loud pop and then the picture went black. We thought it was the lamp so we replaced
my 75in Mitsubishi tv wont come on i hear sound but no picture heard a pop like a bulb perhaps ...got this at Aarons n no long
Anyone heard of Black crush effect off DVD Players?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS