Yamaha AV receiver&Samsung sound bar&LGSmart Tv how do I connect

Jul 10, 2018
How should I connect these?
Yamaha RX-V485
Samsung HW-N450
LG UHD TV4K
I've got sound but it's only adjustable from the sound bar remote. I used the Yamaha app but it doesn't have a sound bar for connections. All 3 have hdmi arc and optical.
Any help please?

If you only have the soundbar/sub and no additional speakers the receiver serves no purpose. Connect the soundbar to the TV.
If you are trying to use the soundbar/sub with surround speakers then you would connect a speaker to line level converter to the left/right front speaker terminals of the receiver. Connect that to the aux input on the soundbar. Set the receiver speaker menu to front large, center none, rears small, and sub none. Set the volume on the soundbar about 1/2 to 3/4 up. Run the set up on the receiver to balance the rears to the soundbar. Use the receiver to control the overall volume.

rgd1101

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from vancel : "Yamaha AV receiver Samsung sound bar LG smart tv"

If you only have the soundbar/sub and no additional speakers the receiver serves no purpose. Connect the soundbar to the TV.
If you are trying to use the soundbar/sub with surround speakers then you would connect a speaker to line level converter to the left/right front speaker terminals of the receiver. Connect that to the aux input on the soundbar. Set the receiver speaker menu to front large, center none, rears small, and sub none. Set the volume on the soundbar about 1/2 to 3/4 up. Run the set up on the receiver to balance the rears to the soundbar. Use the receiver to control the overall volume.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bala9216 Audio 0
T Audio 3
Sound guy Audio 1
Indra Tjahja Audio 4
J Audio 1
sjwilliamsjr Audio 3
A Audio 1
1 Audio 8
Aturu1 Audio 1
damluar Audio 2
mcbrarian Audio 0