Question Yamaha RX-V381+Xbox+Samsung Q60

Apr 21, 2020
Good day to us all and hope someone can answer my question.
I just bought a Samsung NQ65Q60 4K UHD HDR TV. I have connected my Cable Box to my Xbox One S, Xbox connected to my Yamaha RX-381 and AVR to my Q60 TV. My issue I'm having is if I connect the Xbox direct to my Q60 and got to the Xbox Video Settings (Do the overscan, select 4K UHD, 24 and 50 Hz and allow the HDR10) all the green checkmarks on the 4K TV Details Tab. Where the rubber meets the road is when I have it connected wiht the AVR in between the TV and the Xbox, when I check the 4K TV details tab I only get one green check mark as stating that My TV supports 4K UHD at 60Hz but everything else (4K 10-Bit at 24, 50 or 60Hz is not supported. That the TV doesn't support HDR10 video) All this by watching a movie/TV or playing games. I thought that this receiver was a pass trough any type of signal. And yes I'm using HDMI cable 2.0 High Speed. So I'm lost here and really don't know what to do. The only thing left for me to do is to connect the Xbox and PC directly to the TV and then use a fiber toslink to pipe sound back to the receiver, but I really don't want to do this as this would make me re do all my wire management that is in place to the entertainment center.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mcbrarian Audio 0
A Audio 9
A Audio 4
B Audio 0
TheMarshalls Audio 0
V Audio 0
C Audio 0
S Audio 1
Pranav vinod Audio 2
rickthelover Audio 1
J Audio 7