Yamaha RX-V481 Net Radio - Please wait- RESOLVED

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017
Trying to listen to Internet Radio was working yesterday, but now it shows "Please wait" on the display. I have the latest firmware version (2.59).
Also the vTuner radio guide web page returns 404 error http://

Did Yamaha discontinue Net Radio?

Jan 4, 2019
Had contact with Yamaha. All players before 2017 experience this problem. There is an issue with vTuner. The later Yamaha versions use Airable. There will be a firmware update coming. How long? I don't know.
In the meantime use your mobile device or so for internet radio via bluetooth.

Hope it clears somewhat.

Regards,
René Kuenen
In2Sound

Jan 4, 2019
Same here in Utah, USA -
Yamaha RX-V681 receiver -
vTuner was working fine Wednesday January 2nd -
Then yesterday morning found it was dead - and still dead now -
Sent two messages to Yamaha - no response -

ronczap

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017

No telling when a firmware update will appear for my RX-V481 so I just paired my receiver with an Amazon Echo in the same room.

Works great, so I can listen to several of my favorite Internet stations from TuneIn.

Jan 4, 2019
Same problem here in Germany / NRW: no netradio.
@ spieler.jan:
Thanks for pointing out the possibility with the fritzBox. I had not considered the solution. Works great and the main stations are running again :)
I hope yamaha is working hard on the solution. The whole thing is really a no-go ...

Jan 4, 2019
What a difference a day makes. When I searched yesterday, I could not find anything related to this problem.

I have two receivers, a rxv777 and 577. Both died sometime yesterday. I went straight to vtuner to check if their service is ok.
I don't think it is related to country. Only the new receivers that use airable work. Everything on vtuner.com from Yamaha is dead.

I tried all day yesterday and a few hours today to set up a local server to serve the xmls served by vtuner but there's no documentation available. If they somehow restore the service, I'll capture the traffic to get all the links and file formats. The protocol uses simple xml files.

Jan 4, 2019
If they don't resolve this, they could be sued: Just putting "we can discontinue the service at any time" would not cover them any more than a car manufacturer could say "the wheels may fall off at any time" and expect to be covered. We bought Yamaha products with the reasonable and legitimate expectation they'd work and go on working in the same way.

Just because a Company may try to shield themselves from the law doesn't mean this is lawful.

rgd1101

Don't

not the same, wheels may fall will be a safety issue.

Jan 4, 2019
Temp workaround -
Access the radio station website directly from a browser - and set your computer sound output to AirPlay -
Then select AirPlay as the Yamaha receiver INPUT - instead of NET RADIO -
This is working fine - of course requires access each radio station website individually - and set your computer to Never Sleep -

Is this AirPlay protocol only for Macintosh ?

Jan 4, 2019
VTuner service is back in Poland as well :)

I have also answer from Vtuner:
Hello,
Issue has been resolved.
Please try to power cycle your device if issue still occur. To do so, power off the device, and unplug the power cord. After waiting 30 seconds, plug it back in and power it back on to try again.
Regards,
Support Department
vTuner

Status
Not open for further replies.