Yellow color not showing well / bright Lenovo Y50

Nicotrico

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
Hi community,

I recently bought a Lenovo Y50 laptop with the 4K resolution screen and I love it, but that's not the issue. My issue is as follows - prior to the Y50, I owned a Sony Video with only HD display and the colors were much "richer" so to say... On the Y50, they are not bad, but only the YELLOW color seems to be a problem - it's not a nice bright yellow, but has a greenish shade on it which is really PISSING me off... I've tried adjusting all color settings, all drivers look ok, and I really don't know what to do anymore... I've read that I should connect my laptop to my flat-screen tv using the HDMI port, and when the desktop showed up on the TV, the yellow was nice and bright... this messed me up completely, so please if someone has had similar issues and managed to resolve them, please let me know... thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 6
B Laptop Tech Support 3
watrhous Laptop Tech Support 6
A Laptop Tech Support 2
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question Thinkpad T420 Displaying Yellow as Olive Drab
howto close yellow line on left handside of my computer
My acer screen ia black an the white an yellow light shows up but nothing on screen.
on ac power led is on and battery light is on and blinking yellow but my laptop does not comes on
Toshiba C55 will not start yellow LED blinks 4 times
Perfmon reports poor performance for newly bought Acer Aspire A515-51G laptop, and screen has a yellow tint that won't go away
My laptop (Asus X453S) won’t turn on . The power light is on and battery light is blinking in yellow but there’s nothing o
I have a HP Notebook when I plug the power source into the side of the notebook it shows yellow what color should it be
5/12 vol;t powersupply what voltage what wire red white yellow flypower powersupply 12 volt ext hdd
My next book lights up says next book then shuts off won't charge yellow light staying on
Acer extensa 5230e laptop battery LED blinking yellow, power button deffective.
my screen has flashing blue light and yellow pixel block while gaming
ASUS Q551L Yellow Tint
yellow screen help
asus laptop 0% available plugin charging with light blinking by red or yellow
Alienware Alpha ASM100-1580 won't turn on. Lights are yellow and solid. Blue light on power cord is on. Any ideas?
Why do I get a flashing yellow light when I plug in my Dell E6500
yellow vertical line on right hand side of laptop screen.
My Toshiba laptop top has a yellow triangle warning sign at the WiFi setting
Muddy yellow colors

ASK THE COMMUNITY