Yellow, schmellow: The iPhone 14 loses to Galaxy S23 — here's why

JohnRobert

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The iPhone 14 comes in a pretty new yellow color, but that doesn't make up for the features Apple's flagship is missing versus the Samsung Galaxy S23.

Yellow, schmellow: The iPhone 14 loses to Galaxy S23 — here's why : Read more
One of the main reasons I chose an iPhone over an Android phone was for security reasons. As I understand it, almost every manufacturer of Android based phones have their own OS incorporated and many, if not all of these, are easily hacked. Am I mistaken?
Couldn't help but notice Mr. Spoonauer focused on all the fun features and did not mention security at all. Given the current state of smartphones, which I've read are essentially tracking / spy devices the public has been persuaded to voluntarily carry, are security concerns something those-in-the-know just laugh about?

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
One of the main reasons I chose an iPhone over an Android phone was for security reasons. As I understand it, almost every manufacturer of Android based phones have their own OS incorporated and many, if not all of these, are easily hacked. Am I mistaken?
Couldn't help but notice Mr. Spoonauer focused on all the fun features and did not mention security at all. Given the current state of smartphones, which I've read are essentially tracking / spy devices the public has been persuaded to voluntarily carry, are security concerns something those-in-the-know just laugh about?

Hi, I think you have a very valid point. We report about security issues all the time with Android and Google Play store so this is worth keeping in mind when choosing a phone.