yellow screen help

Alin_88

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
hello, I have a asus N501v, now that I turned it on the screen was normal but in less than 3 mins all the white in the screen turn yellowish so now all i see is a yellow screen. can u tell me plz what is wrong??

Solution
Try connecting an external monitor to the laptop. If the external monitor displays the same problem I would assume now its graphics card failure. Good to check air vent with a torch to see if there's dust build up. Use a long thin non-ststic brush and air-can to remove dust. Dust build up will lead to serious heat damage eventually if laptop is cleaned regularly.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Try connecting an external monitor to the laptop. If the external monitor displays the same problem I would assume now its graphics card failure. Good to check air vent with a torch to see if there's dust build up. Use a long thin non-ststic brush and air-can to remove dust. Dust build up will lead to serious heat damage eventually if laptop is cleaned regularly.

Solution

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
Also possible in travels the laptop screen cable to the motherboard has come loose, in this case the external monitor should work fine thus we know now the graphics card is fine and laptop monitor cable is loose.this will require opening and reseating the cable.

TRENDING THREADS