Yes, It's Safe to Use Kaspersky Antivirus Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
I would still trust in Kaspersky regardless. Their solutions are top of the line and are constantly up to date if not ahead of the malware. Their company for what its worth is working hard and fair for consumers. It's a shame that they got caught in the governmental crossfire.

mdd1963

Distinguished

fsb.gif

All your data are belong to us, Comrades!

:)

ErikWTN

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Thanks, Paul. This has calmed my nerves a bit - lol.

I've been using Kaspersky Internet Security on all of my computers for quite a few years now and love it. It's the only security software I've had that quietly works in the background and doesn't hog system resources or interfere with my other software and cause headaches like many of the others I tried in the past.

I've always felt well-protected with Kaspersky because of it's stellar reputation and the fact that it constantly updates its databases to deter the most current threats. When the news broke that the US government no longer trusted this company I was ready to woefully search for another security solution, but your article makes a lot of sense so I will continue using Kaspersky until there is some actual evidence that it is unsafe!

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
People are making it look like, oh Kaspersky is Russian based, so it must be horrible and other things. It isn't like that at all. While we obviously do not have any way to confirm that, other software developers and anti-virus providers would have detected if something suspicious is happening. Anti-virus providers are always analyzing and monitoring each other, that (I would assume) is a fact.

SumTingW0ng

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

As long you can provide party and vodka than sure.

robaim

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
So my issue is, back in 2014/2015 winter, i got hit with a virus on my computer while heading overseas to Germany. Kasp got my computer back up and running, not perfectly though. I purchased the 2017 disc version at Walmart in Dec 2017 for $40, and it hasn't really done anything. I haven't received any confirmation of installation and i keep getting upgrade warnings. So i plan on dumping Kasp for something else, which has led me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.