Yesterday's Mystery Missile Was Probably a Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Do you still think the contrail was from a missile? Do you still think so?

Do you always ask the same question twice? do you always?

^_^

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
People thought it was a missile because the contrail was so large and was moving straight up when in fact it is the same size as contrails seen high above but appear smaller due to distance. Just interesting to see one so close to the deck, must have been a very frosty morning!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Mottamort[/nom]Do you still think the contrail was from a missile? Do you still think so? Do you always ask the same question twice? do you always?^_^[/citation]

Oops, thanks! All fixed!!

[citation][nom]Mottamort[/nom]HEY! no editing the news clip...now my first post seems stupid. NEW I should've done it under quotes[/citation]

Shh, calm! Give me a second. We're not all lightening fast commenters! : (

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Oops, thanks! All fixed!!Shh, calm! Give me a second. We're not all lightening fast commenters! : ([/citation]

Haha. touché. :)

G

Undecided as to what it was but i'm sure we will find out soon enough! :)

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
No it was not and it isn't from a plane. One can clearly seen on the police dash cam video and video taken by other people as well still pictures tells a different story that it is indeed a missile. Also there was a second one seen outside Phoenix Arizona with similar characteristics. Some sources indicate this may have been a test of a new missile technology that wasn't indicated on publicly available schedules from the military and why they say that they didn't know was due to national security reasons how ever others were saying that there is much more behind and it may have political implications as a message to China. China in the past years alongside Russia have invested heavily in directed energy weapons and electronic warfare that has the higher ups in the military on edge.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
That is definately NOT an aircraft. The angle of ascent, size of the contrail, and the light from the engine indicate otherwise. And based on it's point of liftoff, i'd agree that it was launched from a sub. As far as it being an intentional launch to flex military muscle or a test/training/accidental launch, i'm sure the public will NEVER know the truth on that, or it will be "declassified" 20 years from now.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]jj463rd[/nom]Yeah probably a German Luftwaffe Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet rocket interceptor.[/citation]
Of course! I hear they still have those in storage in South America....

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]azcoyote[/nom]Still seems a bit fishy to me... What I saw looks very much like a launch....[/citation]

Yes, I tend to agree. Also, Uncinus telling people to expect the same thing around 5:00-5:30pm today.. He's just covering it up as an aircraft as they're going to launch another one.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Looks like a missile to me. I've seen plenty rocket launches from NASA and that's what they look like. But don't believe your owns. Believe what you are TOLD.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
lol this is so epic. I so want it to be a 'leet' 's backyard project.

News reporter: "The missile launched last week was from a resident. After FBI broke into his house, they found a missile silo in his backyard. It was later discovered, the man was an employee of Lockheed Martin Skunkwork whose job was out-sourced to china."

Status
Not open for further replies.